Depression

Guys, this is a triggering chapter. It has self harm, and suicide. If you don't like these kind of chapters, please skip it. In this version, Marinette is a Junior in Highschool, and she has a pet cat. There are no Miraculous. The image at the top is what I drew. I hope you enjoy :)

"Mew," cried the cat, sitting on my chest. He always woke me up, forcing me to feed him. I pet his head, love glistening in his eyes. Oh how I missed that feeling. I climbed down my ladder, stretching once I landed on the floor. I winced, forgetting the fresh cuts on my arm.

"Meow," he cried again. "Alright Plagg, wait a minute okay? I'll go get your cheese." I groaned. The black cat waited patiently, until I got back with the cheese. Putting it into his food bowl, I check the time. Lately, I've been waking up earlier, due to Plagg. But I was still late to class. It wasn't my fault though, I always got to school early.

I head over to my nightstand, and check the weather for the day. Lately it's been getting colder here in Paris, and me wearing long sleeves finally made sense to the people around me.

My suicidal attempts have been going on since Sophomore year. I try not to think too much about it though, since I've been trying to cheer up. The key word is trying. It's hard, since I have no one to back me up and help me.

-time skip-

Walking toward the school, I glanced at the steps. My ex-best friend was talking with Nino and Adrien. Oh how I missed those days. My chest started to ache, although I tried to ignore it. It pained me to see the people I was once close with, I once crushed on, hate me.

Once I made it to the school entrance, I ran up the stairs and speed walked to the locker room, not caring to glance at anyone I passed. I placed my books and binder that I didn't need at the moment into my locker, and took the ones I did, placing my coat, hat, and lunch in it as well. The only problem with that scenario is that I end up throwing out my lunch. I haven't eaten anything for the past week, although I occasionally let myself slip a small snack, like a carrot or cookie, because I didn't want to starve.

"Oh look, Mari-trash is still alive and wasting our precious air breathing it all up." A snarky voice said behind my back, and I didn't even have to glance behind myself, knowing that Chloe, Sabrina, Lila, and everyone else were huddled around me, prepared to watch the next brutal beating the trio gave me.

I just sighed, knowing what was to come. I stare at the floor, suddenly mesmerized by how the floor was patterned. It was a checkerboard pattern, and it reminded me of the time I beat everyone at checkers.

A small smile tugged at my lips, but I pushed it back into place, so no one would see it. These memories were flooding back to me when I least expected, but I knew my mind was just trying to make up excuses of why I shouldn't give up.

A punch broke through my train of thought, and tears welled in my eyes. My chest burned, and I suddenly found it harder to breathe.

Back sliding down my locker; my bottom making contact with the floor, I groaned, but so quietly so no one heard me. These days I just wonder 'why me? what did I do to deserve this? what did I do so that everyone turned on me?'

Once again, I felt pain. Pain in my leg. Someone kicked me, and it hurt. It hurt so much. My tears threatened to spill, but I held them back. I wasn't going to allow them the pleasure of seeing my tears running down my pale cheeks.