love is tough

Demi

I remained snuggled up on the sofa, blanket slung over my body and a mug of hot chocolate in hand. I was watching reruns of Friends while waiting for Nick to make his appearance at my house. My gaze briefly turned to Batman and Cinderella who were curled up on the floor by the fire that was gently crackling away. The doorbell ringing through the house caused a smile to spread across my face, Batman and Cinderella instantly alert and charging towards the front door, yapping away. I rolled my eyes as I leant forward, lowering my mug onto the coffee table and removing the blanket from around me so I could go and let my boyfriend in. I unlocked the front door, the smile that was previously on my face dropped because of the anger I felt radiating off Nick.

"Hi, Baby" I leant towards him, hoping to receive a kiss but my lips met his cheek instead. "What's the matter? What happened?" I moved out of the way as Nick stepped into the house, trying to refrain from slamming the door as Nick seemed to ignore my question. "Nick?" he looked up at me, a sort of glare in his eyes before turning his attention back to Batman who was soaking up all the attention. "Nick, why the hell are you so angry?" I jumped slightly as he abruptly pushed himself to stand, turning in my direction, the anger in his eyes something I've never witnessed. I have never seen him so angry before.

"Have you been out today?" I looked at him, confusion spread across my face as I shook my head.

"No. I told you that I was spending the day in. It's one of my only days off this month" his anger never wavered.

"You had any visitors today?" I was starting to find this whole conversation funny, but Nick's anger told me that he wasn't messing around.

"No" I tried so hard to hide my amusement.

"Have you been on social media at all today?" I shook my head, rolling my eyes slightly at all these questions.

"No. I switched my phone off, like I told you I was going to. It's upstairs and it has been all day" I slowly stepped towards Nick, going to grab at his hand but he pulled his hand from my grip, crossing his arms over his chest. "Nick, what's with all the questions?" he was staring me down and I couldn't help but to feel nervous that I'd done something to piss him off. "Nick, can-can you tell me why you're so angry at me," I was speaking over the lump that had formed in my throat causing my voice to sound quiet. Nick avoided the question but proceeded to pull his phone from his pocket. I nervously watched as he typed on his phone before shoving it out in my direction. He never spoke but the glare in his eyes told me to look at whatever he'd searched for. I swallowed the lump from my throat as I took a hold of his phone, my eyes remaining locked with his for a moment before they glanced down at the phone screen.

 I swallowed the lump from my throat as I took a hold of his phone, my eyes remaining locked with his for a moment before they glanced down at the phone screen

A possible reunion for one of Hollywood's IT couples?

Accompanying the photo of Wilmer and I at dinner was a photo of us kissing, a photo that looked like it could have been taken on the exact same night. Someone obviously has great photoshop skills. I rolled my eyes and released a breath of frustration as I shoved the phone back towards Nick. I could feel myself growing angry at Nick, at the world because nobody understands the word privacy.