The beginning of a new me

My 9th grade year was my most nerve wrecking year ever, I was entering the place that I had dreamed of, like the Disney channel movies you see about high school, little did I know that life wasn’t a fairytale. That is where my life started and that’s when I started to change. I only knew a few people, Kristina was my savior, we had went to middle school together and I loved her dearly. My god sister Sharron whom I had problems with these last 13 years but it brought us closer together. I didn’t have my identity and I didn’t know where to begin so I started for something that I had always seen my sister doing. I decided to step. It not only became a part of me but it was who I was, it became my life and I breathed the fresh air it gave me. I had me a few crushes and I was too shy to step forward and claim what was mine. But all in all that is where it all started. Kristina was a cheerleader making new friends and I was the outcast no one really knew who I was. Derrick who I had known since elementary was in one of my classes and he was a basketball player, but who was I? What was I known for?  As the year started to kick off I was slowly starting to break out of my shell and become more social with people, I was starting to become someone. I made a lot of sisters during my stepping, the gammas were my home away from home. My teachers always loved me accept for this one, but who cares I wasn’t trying to be teachers pet I was just down to earth. Derrick and I started dating and I slowly but surely gained two best friends, Shaleel and Cassidy.  Shaleel and I a bit more closer than Cassidy and I. Shaleel was the one I shared everything with, I confided in her and we even practically lived together. Even when I lost my virginity she was the first person I called I mean hell she was my girl.  We did everything together, shop, sleepovers, we had the last class of the day together and we rode the school bus home together, she was my picbffsfl (partner in crime best friend for life sister for life). I remember we went to the movies and I was dating Nathan at the time. We had the most fun ever! We caught the bus home and we were walking down the street. It was pitch black with maybe 2 street lights per yard. I heard a creak at a gate and turned around really fast and the only thing I heard was “RUN BITCH!” as Shaleel grabbed my arm running. That was the first scare of the night. The second was when we were half way home and someone pulled up on us slowly and stopped, it was dark and we didn’t know who it was so we took off running. We laughed so hard when we got home it was too funny that night. Ever since then we have been two pees in a pod. That’s when my playing skills came about because I was dating Derrick and Nathan then. What can I say I was having fun. But like they say no one wants to date a virgin forever, that’s the reason Malcom broke up with me, he finally got tired of cheating and screwed Kenya. Derrick was my first, he played an important role in my life we had loved each other since elementary even though we were young we did. I remember that day because it was my 15th birthday. Shaleel had told me about when she lost hers and I always had it In me to lose I just wanted it to be with the right person and Derrick was the right person. It felt like I was a princess in paradise and all of my needs had to be met and with every waking moment I had to be pleased. As I let go and gave him all of me and he gave me all of him and my body burst with and explosion, I looked at him and let out a breath of fresh air. Although I promised myself never to fall in love again I was and so was he. I looked into his eyes and thought to myself “this is real”.