Chapter 5

Rainy

          The week went on and it was finally the weekend. Thank the Lord! I had plans with Brooklyn and Rylan to go to the beach. I wore a black one piece and some white flip flops. I headed down the stairs and grabbed my beach bag that I packed up last night. I was totally ready to have a relaxing beach day with the girls.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Ryan asked. "I'm going to the beach. Duh!" I explained. "Go put something over that." He demands. "No! I don't want to." I yelled. "You want me to get dad? Da..." He started but I quickly covered his mouth. "Okay, okay I'll go get changed!" I blurted.

          I ran back upstairs to go get a cover up and I picked a white over sized shirt and some shorts.

          I then heard a car beep and that's when I knew that Brooklyn and Rylan were here

          I then heard a car beep and that's when I knew that Brooklyn and Rylan were here. I ran downstairs and yelled out a goodbye to everyone. Then, I got into their car and sat down. "Hey babes" I said. They both said hello and we were off to the beach. When we got to the beach we set out our towels and our stuff.

After about an hour we were all just tanning and taking in all the sun before fall comes. All of a sudden I felt a persons eyes on me. I looked around and saw a familiar set of eyes on me. The one and only Shawn. "You guys... look who's here." I told them. "Is that your brothers friend? What about him?" Ryan asked. "No one can know but you guys. Okay?" I continued. They both nodded and I spoke, "I think I like Shawn." They both squealed and giggles.

"I knew it! You owe me 10 bucks Rylan." Brooklyn yelled. "You guys knew. How?" I asked. "Well it's kind of obvious. You're always talking about him." Rylan explained. "Is he coming over here? Do I look good? Ah who am I kidding? He probably sees me as a little sister."I started blurting out. "Calm down. He definitely likes you. I think he's coming over." Brooklyn said.