Chapter 5 - Lunar...?

We both stared in disbelief to see one of the most beautiful wolves. He was a creamy white, with silky chocolate and cocoa markings scattered all over his soft coat. His eyes were magnificent and I seriously doubted that he was single. I turned to see StarDancer’s reaction to his beauty and almost busted out laughing. She was standing there, mouth open, eyes as big as plates, legs spread apart and staring at the gorgeous wolf. I couldn’t hold it in any longer and finally began laughing. But I was almost immediately interrupted. “Caramel?” I turned to see none other than LunarDarkness. I uncontrollably did exactly what Star was doing.

Finally, we were able to unfreeze and break away from our silly positions. Lunar cleared his throat. “So, CaramelDream, what brings you by?” I cleared my throat. “Well….it’s sort of a long story…” Lunar gave a side ways smile. I grinned. And I began. I told him everything. How my father had found his bandana, how we’d had a huge fight, how I’d been thrown and snapped at, EVERYTHING. Every time I got to a part about how I’d gotten hurt or something of that nature, a pained look crossed his face. But, he now knew the whole story.

“And so…we didn’t know what else to do but come… here…”  Lunar nodded as the previous white wolf turned away, StarDancer’s eyes following him all the way until he disappeared from sight. Lunar took a step closer. “Was that every detail?” I turned and pinned my ears back, staring at the ground. I’d left out the part about my dad saying Lunar was dangerous on purpose. But I could never lie to him. I blushed. “Um…Well…no...” He came closer. I blushed harder. “I…I may have left out one detail…” Lunar was no more than an inch from my face now, and my face was a deep shade of crimson. “Please. Tell me, Caramel. I need to know. Please.” That broke me. “I…He also said that…you…” Lunar waited. “He…said… that you’re too…DANGEROUS.” Lunar’s ears immediately pinned back. I frowned. Lunar took a step back, ears still flat against his head. I took a step in his direction. “Lunar…what…what’s wrong…?” He looked me in the eye. “I…” My eyes grew moist, trying to cry slightly. He tried to smile, but his lips only quivered.

“I…I have to go…” He tried to turn to run away. I wouldn’t let him leave. “WAIT!” He stopped and faced me. “Wait! Please!Tell me! What’s happening, LunarDarkness?!” He paused. So did I. I could tell his eyes were trying to cry, too. “I…” He began. “I have to go. Meet me at the cliff north of Dead Dog’s canyon. I’ll explain everything then!” He said, running away.

I didn’t wanna allow it, but it happened anyway. Tears came rushing from my eyes. Star stared at me for a moment, but then came to my side. “C’mon, Caramel. We need to go home, FAST.” I remembered that moo was still covering for us, and we both went sprinting for home.