Chapter 1 - LunarDarkness

I ran through the forest, dodging trees and rocks, on a quest. My dad had finally given me a wolf mission- a task- and I intended on completing it successfully. Thorn berries, thorn berries- where were those thorn berries? AHA! I skidded to a stop in front of a small bush, covered in ripe, red, and delicious thorn berries. I licked my chops and readied to grab them. But, at the moment, I had paws and not hands. So it seemed I’d have to snatch them with my muzzle… I stepped closer to the bush. Smiling, I reached forward. But before my jaws could reach the delicious fruit, another wolf’s muzzle shot through the middle of the bush. It wasn’t long before I realized that another wet, black nose was pressed against my own. We both blushed- HARD- and leapt back in alarm. The wolf was far enough now that I could tell what he looked like. The wolf was OBVIOUSLY male, and had a sleek dark grey coat. He had black spots on his back, paws, forehead, and left eye that were only slightly darker than his main color. His eyes were a soft Diamond Tea color, slightly lighter and greener than my own, and he had a very slight Mohawk. He was still blushing, and I was sure that I was, too. I only got about 4 seconds to look him over- same him- before he ran off, back into the forest.

So many questions raced across my mind. Why did he leave so abruptly? Was I just so disgusting he couldn’t stand to see me? Was he already in a relationship? And so many more came after. But one main question stuck in the center of my mind: Would I ever see him again? I tried to shake it off- to forget the incident completely… But it was impossible. From that point on, I couldn’t get him out of my mind. No matter how hard I tried. I was so absent minded that my parents didn’t even                  

Know what to think had happened to me. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t breathe. All I could do was sit and remember what happened that day. Finally, I came to the conclusion that the only way to resolve this was to find him again. To meet him. And most importantly, hear his voice. That night, I wolfed up, and opened my window using my wolf claws. I ran through the forest, panting hard and thinking only about the wolf’s gorgeous face. I looked behind me to make sure I wasn’t being followed. But before I could turn back and face the front I crashed into something soft. “AH!” I screamed in sync with…someone else? I-I could’ve sworn I heard another voice…could it be? I quickly picked myself up off the ground and looked straight ahead to see EXACTLY what I wanted to see. “YOU?!” I shrieked. The wolf looked up and gasped. “You?” He stood. I froze, completely mesmerized by his beauty. After a brief moment of silence, the wolf chuckled. “Aren’t you the girl that accidently…uh… got your muzzle pressed on mine..?” I blushed, bright red. He gave the cutest smile and came closer. I managed to unfreeze halfway. “..I...” I stuttered. He chuckled. “I’m LunarDarkness.” His name sent a cool chill down my spine. His perfect smile faded immediately. “Are you cold?” Before I could answer, He pulled his bandana from around his neck and chest and carefully set it over my shoulders. I couldn’t help but smile. Lunar grinned affectionately and pulled some of my bangs out of my eyes with his sleek black nose. Finally, I remembered that I hadn’t yet told him my name. “I…I’m Caramel D-Dream…” I choked out. Lunar grinned. I wanted to stay with LunarDarkness forever and ever. But, once again, he was taken from me. A sharp howl poured out into the forest and Lunar’s ears shot back in alarm. He looked at me. ‘I-I’m sorry, but, I’ve gotta go!” Before I could react, LunarDarkness had disappeared into the forest, leaving me with nothing but his bright blue bandana.