Chapter 16-- Lunar's Last

Finally, I was allowed to see Lunar Darkness. I rushed desperately through the flaps in the tent where Lunar laid on a soft patch of grass. The doctor stared at me and sighed. “We think he’s stable for now, his ribs should grow back the way they were soon…” He paused. “But he’s lost a lot of blood.”

I cringed and widened my eyes in fright. He stared at me. “He should be fine, but he’ll be a bit weak for up to 3 days…”

I nodded and looked back at my poor destroyed Lunar sleeping peacefully. I began to wonder what Lunar was dreaming about, as the doctor left the tent. Lunar flinched, momentarily frightening me, and as if answering my question muttered, “Caramel…” and tears welled in both our eyes. I came to his side and laid down next to him, briskly kissing him on the cheek before slipping into a hopeful slumber snuggled at his side.

I awoke to the shifting of Lunar beneath me. I opened my eyes and stared at him. I blushed immediately at the sight of Lunar's face only inches from mine, now.

He was smiling a heart-stopping smile, that made my heart pulse out of my chest. I blushed a plum color and cringed away. He stood the instant I did, sitting down in front of me, still wearing his precious smile. "Caramel," He sounded thrilled. "You're safe." He exctitedly came closer and nuzzled me softly.

My heart beat accelerated ten fold, but relaxed slightly as he pulled away. "Me?" I managed to murmur. "Why are you worried about me?" I looked him up and down. "How... How are you... So... Okay?" I was puzzled to see that Lunar showed absolutely NO signs of being injured. He looked down at himself, then back at me. "Oh, believe me, I'm in excrutiating pain." He half smiled tightly.

My fore head creased. "LUNAR, you need to be lying down... You have no idea how much it would KILL me if something happened to you." I was beginning to freak out. How on earth was totally OKAY with being in terrible pain?! Lunar laughed. "Don't worry about me." I almost growled at him. "Lunar, PLEASE lie down... You're hurt. Please."

He hesitated at first, but obeyed. Then he laughed again. "Is this better?" I exhaled sharply, and he proceeded to laugh. But 3 seconds into the laughter, he began to groan and coil up. I curled up beside him, just seconds before the doctor entered the tent.

"Ah, so you two are awake." He said, pulling a small brown bottle from a chest in the corner of the tent. I stared up at him. "How long were we out for?" I asked, turning back to poor Lunar. The doctor eyed me lazily. "About 4 hours." He came closer and held the bottle out, pouring a clear liquid into a small spoon. He held it out to Lunar, who eyed it carefully. "Drink up, Mr. Darkness." The doctor instructed. Lunar stared at him, then back at me. I nodded, urging him to drink it. He did so, and stuck his tongue out in disgust. "YUCK." I bit back a smile. The doctor sighed and straightened up, starring at me. I sat up and stared back at him. "Ms. Dream." I gulped. "Yeah?" The doctor shook his head and stared at Lunar who had instantly fallen asleep. I frowned. The doctor sighed hopelessly and gave me a stern look. "...He isn't going to make it."