Chap Sixteen: Hide and go seek.

Neal's POV

I told myself that kissing her would be a bad idea. Well not bad for me but for her anyway. I saw the stars in her eyes; I saw the glow in whenever she talked about that Cullen character or other fictitious men. But with me? No luck. With me she squirmed and squeaked and I hated that fact. The only part which told me that she might be interested is her unbelievable heart-rate when I'm near her. I grunted and moved out of the room. Being near her meant more and more cold showers and frankly I was getting sick of the tirade.

I liked Summer, like a lot. But she was kinda stuck on that Edward character or worse schmucks like that Adam.

I walked out on her, leaving her stunned behind and followed Eric outside the bunk house.

This was a beautiful place. It was so peaceful and at night it looked absolutely incredible.

Joey and all were sitting around a bon-fire and chatting away.

Good, I needed a distraction.

"Neal, my man!" Joey shouted and then he made way for me to sit around the fire.

This was awesome. If only I had better control on my ... carnal desires.

We sat and chatted for quite a while when suddenly Summer walked in.

"Summer! Come on over." Alexis shouted and then we were sitting in a full circle.

She looked at me and went red. Oh God, why? Why did she make my heart wanna sing?

"So guys? What do we do now?" Lisa said and I shrugged.

I would like a shower, please.

"Hey, let's play a game." Joey said excitedly and I sighed.

Hide and go seek.

"Hide and go seek." He shouted and pulled out his bandana out of his pocket Summer's eyes widened.

"Awesome. I haven't played that in a looong time!" Nick said and Alexis positively glowed.

"Yeah. I remember the last time we played that." Eric said and it was Lisa's time now.

"Um, I'm not feeling very well, right now so I guess I'm gonna go now." Summer said and stated getting up when suddenly Alexis pulled her down.

"You liar! You're just afraid to be blind-folded." She teased her and I smiled. That was the only way to get her to actually sit down.

"NO! I'm just not well." She said and Lisa chimed in. They teased her to insanity and she finally sat down.

"Fine. I'll play and I'll even go first." She snapped and then she pulled the bandana out of Joey's hand and instructed him to tie it.

She was going to regret it, I knew. But heck, I was going to humour her on this one AND I was pissed with her so this was a good way to go.

Alexis rolled her thrice and then let go of her. And all of them started running around the woods leaving Summer behind.

"Woohoo Summer, catch me if you can." Lisa shouted and Summer followed her voice.

She looked positively lost and when she turned towards me, I saw the look on her face. She looked vulnerable and so alone right then.

I walked right towards her and she was just supposed to tell me when Joey pushed me away.

"What are you doing man?" He whispered at me and I shrugged.

What was wrong with me anyway? I wasn't supposed to save her, I was pissed with her.

I turned away and leaned against the tree. Summer was on her own this time.