Chapter 27: The test

Callie's POV

After that awkward conversation between Alison and me before first period, I made sure to be out of her class as one of the first students. I didn't want to talk about this anymore, she has to find out for herself what to do now.

I hurried to get away from her class as fast as possible, I was so fast that I was first in second period. Maia was already in her classroom, busy on the computer. I walked inside and went to my seat to rest, I was a little exhausted. I'm starting to notice that this happens more these past few days. I'm more tired each day, I get exhausted faster... I don't like this, as captain of the cheerleaders, I need to be healthy and active.

After a few seconds, I saw Maia looking at me. "Callie, can you stay after class for a few minutes?" she asked while Caitlyn entered the classroom.

"Sure." I said as Caitlyn sat down next to me. Maia smiled and looked back at her computer.

"What did you do?" Caitlyn whispered to me.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back.

"You need to stay behind."

"Yeah, so?"

"Do I really have to explain you everything?" she whispered louder. "You need to stay behind after class and class didn't even start yet. So why do you need to stay behind?!"

"How am I supposed to know?" I whispered back, also being louder.

"Girls, you two know I can hear you now?" Maia said, smiling at us. We both got as red as a tomato and sank into our seat. Maia laughed to herself and looked back at her computer.

Caitlyn took her stuff out of her backpack, she wrote something on a piece of paper and put it onto my desk. I read what it said: "Tell me everything during lunch.". I gave her a look, which she returned. I guess I'm going to have to tell her everything during lunch.

________________________________________

"So can someone tell me what the answer is to this equation?" Maia asked. Nobody raised their hand, mainly because everyone was to lazy. "Caitlyn, why don't you try?"

"Oh...sure." Caitlyn said, scratching the back of her neck. "So you start with...". After that I don't remember anything, it went completely dark. "Callie! Callie!" I heard Caitlyn shout while she shook me.

I opened my eyes and saw everyone in the class standing around me, why was I laying on the ground? I wanted to get up, but Maia pushed me back down. "Stay down for a few seconds Callie. You fainted, it's better to rest for a few more seconds."

"I fainted?" I asked, a little out of breath.

"Yes, calm down now. Caitlyn, why don't you go with her to the nurse?" Maia asked Caitlyn. Caitlyn nodded and both of them helped me get up, slowly.

Caitlyn held me by my side and walked me slowly to the nurse. "What happened back there?" Caitlyn asked me while we walked.

"I don't know." I said, out of breath. Once we arrived, she helped me on the, not so comfortable, bed. Once I layed down, I looked back at her. "It all went black, that's all I remembered."

"What do we have here?" the nurse asked, she was a young woman, possibly around 30, not more than 35. She had long brown hair that was tied up in a ponytail.

Caitlyn talked for me. "Callie here," she said as she pointed at me. "She fainted in class."

The nurse looked at me and smiled, she seemed nice. "Alright, you can go back to your class." she said to Caitlyn. Caitlyn groaned, but obeyed. Once she left, the nurse took a seat next to me. She listened to my heart, took my blood pressure... Afterwards she asked me a few questions. "So Callie, are you in a relationship?"

"Yes, why?" I asked, not knowing why that was important. Afterwards I realized I had admitted to be in a relationship even though Alison and I currently weren't together.

"Are you sexual active?"

That question made me suspicious. "Yes, why?"

She sighed. "Look Callie, I want you to buy a pregnancy test and to - "

"You think I'm pregnant?!" I shouted, this can't be true. Alison can't get me pregnant two times, it's just impossible.

"I'm afraid so." she said as she placed her hand on top of mine. "Callie, buy a pregnancy test, you need to know in time. At least you have a choice when you know it in time."

"What are you trying to say? That I should get ride of it?" I asked as I pointed to my belly, where possibly was a second child inside.

"I'm not suggesting anything, but at least you have options when you know in time." she said and smiled at me.

I nodded and left. I walked to my car, I need to know now. I drove to a shop, bought it and went back to school. I did the test and waited for it. The waiting was killing me, how can a few minutes be that long? I looked at my belly, I placed both of my hands on it. Maybe there was a second child in there, what am I going to do when I am indeed pregnant? Should I tell Alison? Of course I should, maybe that's the extra push we need to get back together...

I looked back up, I didn't even know how to feel. Was I feeling happy? Sad? I don't know, currently I didn't felt anything. I was happy for one thing, Ariel would have a brother or sister. She won't be alone anymore, she would always have a friend to play with, although there would be an age difference of 4 years. But still, the image of Ariel and a possibly brother or sister playing together made me feel warm and happy inside. I wonder what Alison is going to think about it, maybe she'll be happy, after all she wanted to be a real family one day. We even talked about having another child together one day, but I do think that having a second child right now, is maybe a little to much for me.

After a few minutes, I could finally check the test. Slowly I got up to watch the test. As I was standing in front of it, I got nervous by the sight alone. I breathed in and out. I closed my eyes and took the pregnancy test. I brought it on eye level and opened my eyes.

Oh my god... I'm pregnant...