10 ── Deception

( Florida, 2014 )

( Miami )

RAFAEL HADN'T KNOWN HAJIRA THAT LONG BUT HE WAS SURE SHE DID EVERYTHING WITH REASON. When she asked to borrow his car, he wasn't sure of the reason but he instantly thought of saying yes. But, he knew he should ask.

"You need to drive somewhere?"

"Yeah, Rosa probably already took the car and I really need to get to the hospital—"

"Is something wrong?" he asked, full of concern.

"...I don't really know but I need to head to the hospital in Boca."

"Okay, I'll come with you."

"You don't need to, it's okay, Rafael" she says with a forced smile, not wanting to have him do anything further.

"If it's an emergency, at least let me help. I'll drive you" he retorts.

"Rafael—"

"Hajira, just let me do this" he interrupts her.

"...Fine!" she huffs out.

"Okay, let's go then" he says, letting her lead them to the parking lot. Rafael starts up his car as they drive to the hospital she was told. Rafael had taken the driver's seat, knowing it would be better if his eyes were on the road.

He could tell she was nervous as she sat in the passenger seat, tapping her manicured nails against her thigh, in sync with a song she probably had playing in her head. Of course, he thought of asking her what exactly had happened and why she needed his car but decided not to press the matter as he was driving or at all, depending on what would occur afterwards.

"Right turn here" she spoke suddenly, referring to a sharp turn Rafael needed to make in order to get to the hospital. After awhile, they finally reached said hospital, one that Rafael was not familiar with.

As soon as he had parked in the parking lot, she hurriedly got out of the car and was speeding towards the main lobby. Rafael followed quickly after her, not even being able to match her pace. She finds herself at the front desk, hurriedly asking for someone Rafael didn't know. He had only heard the name: Rathvi Anandi.

After the nurse provided them with a room number and such. She dashed from her spot, into the elevator, Rafael quick behind. Once inside the spacious shaft, she pressed a button for the third floor.