Chapter 14

"I'll be right back." I called to everyone and walked off

I walked off to where I knew no one could see me and pulled off my jacket. I went to pull out my dagger but paused when I remembered about my baby. I slowly pulled my hand away from the knife and place it on my stomach instead. After a minute I began to just stared down at my scars, tracing over them with my fingers. I sighed and quietly sang the lyrics of the lullaby I used to sing to myself as a kid.

Go to sleep and close your eyes
And dream of broken butterflies
That tore their wings against a thorn
You know the pain that they have endured
Silver metal shine so bright
Scarlet blood that feels so right.
Dream of that blood trickling down,
And wake up just before you drown.
The moonlight shining off your tears
As you bleed out your worst fears.
So tonight when you start to cry
Whisper the cutters lullaby
Hushabye baby, you're almost dead
You don't have a pulse and your pillow is red
Your family hates you
Your friends let you bleed
Sleep tight with a knife
Cause its all that you need
Rockabye baby, Broken and scarred
You didn't know life would be this hard
Time to end the pain you hid so well
And down you'll come baby
Straight back to hell

I figured I should start heading back so I got up and walked back to the group. I walk over to my partner and we started our duet.

We sang to the music while doing the choreography. He pulled me into his arms, spun me, and led me into a dip. When he pulled me back up with our faces a couple inches apart, I felt someone rip me away from him by my ponytail.

"Hey what the fuck?" I hissed and turned to see who it was

"I can say the same to you, you E class skank. Stop trying to seduce my man." the girl hissed

I rolled my eyes and laughed. This bitch I thought to myself before slamming her to the ground and pressing my knife to her neck.

"I got my own man. I don't need anyone else so kindly fuck off and ruining the choreography." I said before stabbing the knife next to her head, barely missing her "Otherwise I just might loose my temper." I said with a bone-chilling smile

I pulled the knife out of the ground and slipped it back into my thigh band.

"From the top bitches." I growled and the song started over

We finished our performance and I heard clapping out of no where and lit up to see Nagisa and a Terasaka walking up.

"Nagi!" I cheered as I tackle-hugged him and smiled brightly

I got up and hugged Terasaka next. He ruffled my hair, causing me to giggle while swatting away his hand playfully.

"What're you guys doing here?" I asked

"We came to watch you." Karma said, coming out of nowhere. He smirked when he saw I noticed him for the first time "You gonna say hi or not?"

I walked up to him with a smile. He went to hug me but I had other plans. I grabbed his shirt and slammed his lips against mine. We began to make out, not even caring about all the people who were staring. I began to pull him off to the corner to the room and wet inside the closet with him. We began to make out against the door but we fell to the floor when the door was swung open.

"You can watch but try not to get in the way little shit." a student growled to Karma

I turned to see who the hell had the balls to talk like that and gasped when I saw her.

"Jonah?!" I said in shock and got up "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, I was confused rather than angry

"I transferred here last week. Came a bit late to rehearsal." she explained "Gotta say, I was happily surprised to see that you were in the closet with some guy who came to watch."

"Oh." I said, not sure what else I could actually say

"You gonna give me a kiss or what?" she laughed

"Jay.. I'm with Karma now." I told her, motioning to him

"So just leave him." she scoffed "You've left plenty of people for me. What's one more?"

"You don't get it." I said, shaking my head in disappointment "I love him. Yes I've left people for you in the past but they were meaningless relationships... entertainment.. distractions. Things are different."

"Don't you still love me?" she rolled her eyes

"I...." I went to deny it but trailed off and averted my gaze "I don't know... but even I did, I'm leaving him."

"Why not?!" she hissed while glaring at me

"B-because.." I took a breath, trying to calm the panic attack raising up in my chest "I'm.. I'm pregnant."

She hardened her glare "Whatever." she hissed "You always were too broken anyways. All the whining and crying about your dead sister and how your brother killed her. Do you know how annoying it was to deal with your fucking PTSD. You fucking got sick and had a panic attack that you'd be beat. You're parents didn't beat you hard enough. And your cutting. Your god damn cutting! You fucking always ran off just for the cutting. Hell, you were right. You really should have died in the explosion with Star."

I glared at her as everyone looked at me for answers. All my effort to keep it secret, gone. I walked up to her and punched her. The force knocked her out and I shut her into the closet, propping a chair against the knob so she couldn't get out. Everyone continued to stare on, waiting of an explanation.

"The fuck you bitches want?" I growled "We got work to fucking do so chop fucking chop you cunts."

"Alright class. Pick a song personal to you and sing it as your last song of the day. Make sure to actually put in effort because these determine if you'll be entering the singing competition before the talent show. I'll be picking only five of you."

Everyone went up one by one. It came to my turn and I rolled my eyes at the director before playing my song on my phone and singing.

The director broke out into a fit of clapping and began to fan over my performance. He always did this so I just rolled my eyes, pulled out a cigarette, and took a deep drag once it was lit. I held it in for several moments before slowly letting out the breath and walked off while taking another drag. I texted Karma directions to a little cafe downtown and told him to meet me there in an hour.