Chapter 2

"Mistress," Yamato said "You'll be late for school again."

"I don't want to get up." I growled "My depression's worse than usual today."

"Mistress you must go to school." he urged

"Fine" I growled "But I'm not changing out of my pajamas."

(outfit)

I yawned and let him drive me up the mountain

I yawned and let him drive me up the mountain. I tiredly shuffled out of the limo and walked into class. Out of know where Koro sensei began to  brush my unkempt hair. I sighed and waited for him to finish. Once he was I walked over to my desk and pulled on my headphones. By the time second period came, I was done with everything. Ten minutes into second period I walked out of class without a word. I didn't have to look back to know the worried look Nagi was giving me. He was right to be giving me that look but I wasn't gonna deal with that kind of guilt right now. I walked up to the roof and sat quietly at the edge with my feet dangling over the edge. I let out a long and heavy sigh before pulling my dagger out of my thigh band.

"Damn." I said to myself in disappointment "Really thought I'd be able to stop. Well.. fuck it I guess."

With a sigh I moved my headphones around my neck and let the breeze just blow my hair gently. I toyed with the the blade in my hand before placing it to my wrist and slowly added pressure, quickly bringing back the same pain I knew all to well. I dragged it slowly across my arm. I focused on the red beads of blood forming along the cuts I carefully made. Slowly, I could feel the depression fading away. It still lingered but it was less oppressive than it had been. I switched arms, treating it with the same delicate hate. Footsteps echoed from a distance. They slowly grew louder. Closer.

"Go away Nagi." I chocked out, despite my effort to hide it, it was clear by my voice that I had been crying "You know I don't like you seeing me do this."

"I'm not Nagisa." I heard someone say

I turned to see who it was. I was surprised to see the redhead from yesterday, who was apparently named Karma.

"You okay?" he asked

"How much will it take for you to forget you ever saw this?" I said, turning my head in shame of the state I was in

"I don't want your money. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about this." he said with an empathetic smile "Now why don't you come away from that edge, put away the blade, and tell me what's going on that's pushing you to do this to yourself?"

I sighed and slipped  the bloody blade into my bag before walking over to him. I eyed him with over caution and suspicion.

"What's your motive? Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked

"I have no motive. I was just worried is all." He said

I, against my better judgement, convince myself to trust him.

"I just have episodes sometimes." I sighed "Depression, anxiety.... bullshit like that. I have my ways to cope though."

"This isn't what you should be doing." he said sadly

"I know.....it's just hard to quit." I sighed

He took off his jacket and draped it over me "Use it to hide the cuts. No one needs to know about what happened."

I stared up at him, in a trace-like state, but he just smiled down at me and guided my arms gently into the sleeves. I smiled to myself. The two of us sat next to each other in silence on the rooftop. I slowly moved my hand closer to his. Slowly. Excruciatingly slow. Finally, my finger brushed against his. I refused to look in his direction as I did this. I waited a second and was about to inch over slightly more but he took my hand into his own, understating what was happening.

"You're not like all the other girls at this school." He said out of no where "You're your own person and you don't care who disagrees with you, you won't change your personality. It's so amazing to meet someone like you. You're a lot like me in many ways."

"You flatter me." I half-joked

"Hey," he said "Did you wanna go somewhere sometime?"

"That'd be lovely." I said with a smile "Thank you. Not many people want to associate with me since I'm a bit psycho."

"Psycho people are more fun." he said with a wink "We stick together."

I laughed slightly at his comment.

"You have a really nice smile." he said "You should laugh and smile more often."

"That's a nice thought. A world with that many reasons to laugh and smile." I said with a sad smile "We should get back. Class is nearly over."

I didn't bother to wait for him to respond before walking downstairs to class. He was quick to trail behind and catch up. We walked into class and everyone looked at me with concern. I felt like a wounded animal in a cage. I pushed past the feelings and just sat through the last ten minutes of class. Everyone began to pack up and leave when they were dismiss.

"Hey Karma?" I called to him from across the class to get his attention before he left

"Yeah?" he asked

"Did you want to come over to my place tonight?" I asked