#12

'Holy Fruitcake!' is what I'm thinking while I stand on the top of the wall surrounding the large fortress. Then sun is just rising on the horizon. Has it really only been, like, 7 hours since Dawn summoned me? Time sure does fly by when you're in almost constant danger. Jason is standing next to me, not doing a very good job at hiding his shivering. Both of us feel the many powerful auras swirling into one big cloud. But it's easy to pick out the darkest one looming over the others. I'm sure that the Dark Lord knows we're here now. I mentally facepalm when I remember the other lesser demon presence I had felt earlier. There's a spy somewhere in our midst.

     It's amazing to see how Skybrine's aura did a complete one eighty. The General seems to be radiating a beacon of strength that the mortals find comfort in. Only a demon would be able to detect the slight undertone of get-wrenching fear. This is the person who leads the army. "Archers! To the wall", He bellows out, his voice loud and strong, "Swords men behind the gate!". I just kinda stand nearby, not sure what to do.

But then I get a most pleasing idea. A smile breaks out on my face as my magic quickly builds up around me. Jason watches in amazement as multiple foggy mirrors appear around me. I crack my knuckles and get to work. Let's see how long I can delay the enemy. One of my mirrors focus in on a demon carrying a large spear. I trip her, making her spear trip some more demons. A couple behind them also fall over. A dagger happens to come loose and the hilt hits someone in the face. The two hot-headed demons immediately start squabbling with each other.

I laugh as I sprain another's ankle in a rabbit burrow. Herobrin's front lines are quickly disturbed, halting the progress of the ones behind. There's only about one hundred and fifty demons, maybe half of those that exist, but that's still a formidable army coming for the fort of mortals. And then there's still the Dark Lord himself to deal with. This is gonna be a close battle. Unless we can chop off the snake's head.

Skybrine suddenly flinches and puts a hand on his head. He looks at me, his aura wavering. "It's him.... he wants to speak with me", Adam says, his voice cracking. My mirrors drop at the news. I walk over to him, my face hardening. "Well you're not going alone", I smile at him. "Not a chance", Ty says, coming up behind us. Seto, Red, and one over person come up as well. He wears lots of black and has stubble of his chin. Jason also steps forward, but a slight shiver goes through him. "Ok then", Sky mumbles. That's what I'm gonna call him; Sky. A mix between his Brine and mortal life.

     "Hold!", Sky orders the troops, "Open the gates, and wait for further instruction from Captain Barney". The Captain question is instantly swarmed with troops, but the eyepatch wearing mortal seems to be calm enough. The gate is opened just enough for our group of seven to pass through. A slight tremor goes through my own body as I come closer to the many aggressive demon auras, all stoped and waiting for this meeting to take place. They all surely know who is down here. Is 527 here? I doubt it.

I can't help but step back when I feel the Dark aura materializing in front of us. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't afraid. Jason's shaking even more now, but seems determined to stay by Sky's side. Seto gets an enraged look on his face. The mortals only know something is happening when teleportation particles appear in the air. They only last for a few seconds before there's someone standing ten feet away from us. Jason is now basically hiding behind me. The need to protect him gives me strength.

       "Well well well, look what we have here", Herobrine laughs. His eyes are fading flashlights in the growing day. His gaze is on his son, who meets his eyes with a glare. Sky's aura is slowly building into rage instead of fear. He and the mortals aren't effected by him like Jason and I are. He's still trembling. I hiss when he looks this way. "Do you know that demons are hiding amongst your ranks?", Herobrine asks Sky, a sinister smile forming on his face. "It's not like Bodil will serve you any longer", Sky spits back. The Dark Lord raises an eyebrow at that. "I didn't mean him", he smiles, "I'm talking to the other two". I'm holding Jason's wrist now, his aura twisting and being stretched. Herobrine is trying to get him to leave my side. It doesn't effect me because my bonds to him have been severed. But the Dark Lord never stopped looking for Jason.

"I won't", he's mumbling over and over again. "Jason?", Ty asks, drawing everyone else's attention. I snarl at the Dark Lord, my own magic trying to push back on Herobrine's command. "I'm n-not like them", Jason stutters, looking up at Sky. But everyone's eyes leave Jason and look towards someone else as they stride forwards. No one had been watching him as the third demon aura made itself know. "He's possessed", I say out loud. "Ian.....", Ty trails off. The possessed mortal doesn't even bat an eye, eyes that are now red, as he moves to stand behind the Dark Lord.

I'm just about to say something more, but my words are halted. The mental barrier slams down on my mind once more. My magic and aura are instantly snuffed out from existence. Well, just my rotten luck I guess. Both Brines instantly notice. I can't even react before I'm being held in the air by my throat. Herobrine had teleported us both away from where I was just standing, with the possessed human between us and Sky's burning fireball. I was later told some people on the wall fainted. Sucks to be them.

"Did you really think you could beat the Dark Lord?", Herobrine snarls at me. I'm choking and clawing at his hands, unable to breath. "Such a pathetic demon you are", he says to me. I laugh at this. I laugh the best I can, more of a choking sound to be honest. This confuses him.

"Guess what, dingus? I'm not a Demon"