Chapter 24: Baby Jordan's

Start from the beginning

"But don't worry, cuz. You've got us." Daina smiled.

"Yeah, we gotchu', boo." Athena smiled.

"Thank you, guys. You guys are the best friends that I could ever ask for." Maggie smiled.

-

Maggie got out of the car and found her father taking out the trash. Maggie called Shereen and told her to meet her at Idris' house. He didn't look the same. His beard had grown out even more and he just looked depressed. He noticed Mahogany and a smile appeared on his face. He put his arms out and gave his daughter a big hug. He missed her so much, he just didn't want to be around anybody these past months.

"Daddy, where have you been?" Mahogany asked folding her arms.

"I've been going through something's but I'm okay." He said smiling.

"Comment vas-tu?" He asked.

"I'm okay, I guess." She said shrugging.

Just then, Shereen arrived, "Hey, y'all." She smiled.

"Alright, what you been up to, missy? You called both of us to tell us something." Idris folded his arms.

"I think it's best we head inside." Maggie looked down.

"Alright..." Idris sighed.

They walked into the house and took a seat on the couch. Mahogany's heart was beating so fast but she had to get through this. It's better to tell them now or they'll end up finding out later and they'd be even more angrier once they find out that Mahogany had been keeping her secret for so many months.

"Alright, so...As y'all know, I'm heading to college in about 2 months. I won't be living there. I've always wanted to experience living in college but I've decided for the first year, that I'll stay here. But, mom, I've already asked if I could move out..".

"Move out to where?" Idris furrowed his brow.

"Okay, well, mom's always with me. She knows everything that's been going on with me but I'm dating a guy, dad. We've been going out since November." She announced to her father.

"So you knew about this and didn't think about telling me, Reen?" Idris looked at Shereen.

"It's not my relationship but Maggie's." Shereen simply said.

"And you wasn't there for the past few months, dad." Maggie added.

"Do I know this person?" He narrowed his eyes, "How old is he?" He questioned.

"Uh..You don't know him and urm...he's 20..." She whispered.

"20?! Jesus Christ! Shereen, are you really allowing for this to happen?!" Idris got up.

"Idris, why do you always gotta make a fuss about everything. Sit down!" Shereen said sternly.

His nostrils flared, "I will not have my daughter date a 20 year old man but you know what, Imma sit down because by the look on your face, Maggie, I know you've got something else to tell us." Idris sat back down looking very angry.

" Idris sat back down looking very angry