Those turns, too, failed.

Cole sighed as he took the gun out of Collin's hands and shot at the target.

Collin gasped. "You did it!"

Cole shrugged. "I guess I'm just lucky." Although, he knew that wasn't the case. His dad would've been disappointed in him if couldn't hit such an easy target. At least the training he gave him was finally of some use to him.

Collin took the toy cat and hugged it. "Thank you, Mister Artist."

Cole turned away. It felt odd being thanked by him. Also, was he really eighteen? He sounded like a little kid most of the time.

"Why don't we get a move on?" Maggie asked. "I'm sure other people would like to play this game, too."

They went to play other games. Although Collin didn't show much interest in them after getting his hands on that giant cat so he stayed off to the side with Honey while Cole and Maggie waited in line. After a while, he started feeling hungry, so they headed back toward Cy's food stall. It was about time for Maggie to switch with her anyway.

On their way there, Collin stopped in front of a marble statue. He looked like someone was trying to hypnotize him.

Cole folded his arms. "Didn't think a brat like you was an appreciator of history? Or is it the eloquence of the how the marble was cut?"

"It's Enji and me!"

Cole and Maggie exchanged glances.

"He looks like Big bro and me!" Collin's eyes sparkled. "Can I get a picture with it?"

Maggie took out her terminal.

"Well, I did make this statue!" Cole said.

"You copied my appearance for it?" the boy shouted.

"No!" Cole gasped. "I used old portraits Wilhi provided for me. She was the one who commissioned it."

"I guess I really am his reincarnation."

Cole and Maggie snickered.

Collin narrowed his eyes.

"What makes you think that? Just because you look alike?" Cole asked.

"Castin said so!"

Maggie furrowed her eyebrows. "He did?"

Collin nodded. "He said that I was the first king once upon a time." He giggled. "You two should bow before my majesty!"

Cole scoffed. "Who knew that the mighty first king would be reborn into a short stack?"

Collin's cheeks sparked. "Watch it or I might make bolts rain upon you mere mortals!"

Sweat beaded Cole's brow. "Uh, your past life was a king, not a god."

The boy gasped.

"Yeah, but he has no divine blood," Cole said. "It's just a title he gave himself."

"True," a voice called out. "He was a bit of an egomaniac."

Collin's eyes widened.

Cole bowed. "Dowager Queen Wilhelmina."

"Guess he was like the little guy," Maggie mumbled. "Wonder if he had that autism thing, too."

Mina looked at the redhead out of the corner of her eye. "Sol..."

Collin blinked.

The dowager queen shook her head. "Sorry. You reminded me of someone."

Collin watched her walk away with a furrowed brow. "Sol... That's the missing prince, right?"

"Yeah, Wilhi's uncle." Cole let out a short breath. "He vanished because of people like a certain someone." He glared at the boy.

Collin hung his head.

Maggie patted Collin on the back. "Let's go and get you something to eat."

The redhead beamed. "Okay!"

Honey barked.

He giggled. "Doggy has the munchies too."

When did dogs not want to eat something?

Not long after this, they made it over to a stand with a red canopy.

Cyan smiled when she saw them. "Did you guys have a nice time?"

"Collin seems to be enjoying himself," Maggie replied.

***

After Maggie took Cy's spot in the stand, Cole took Cyan up a hill with a tree draped in lights.

"It's beautiful," Cy said, eyes sparkling.

Cole smiled as he stared at her, mesmerized. "Not as pretty as you."

"Hmm?" Cy said.

He turned away. "Uh, I said, this is the spot for the picnic I mentioned."

Cy chuckled as she stared at the picnic blanket. Cole had pinned it before heading off to her place.

"Thanks for the invite, Cole," Cy said, taking a seat.

His hands began to feel all sweaty as he clung to the picnic baskets. "Uh, I probably should've asked before, but I hope that you like egg salad sandwiches."

Cyan put a towel over her lap. "I don't hate them."

He let out the breath he'd been holding in. That was good.

He sat down and took out the sandwiches which were wrapped in aluminum foil to keep them cool. As he unwrapped his, he would catch glimpses of Cyan who would do the same. Was it his imagination or was she as nervous as him? W-wait, did that mean she had the same idea?

Cole sipped his lemon-lime before biting into his sandwich. Did he pack too many? Cy probably wanted to eat other things, too.

As Cy finished her sandwich, Cole cleared his throat.

Cyan blinked. "Need more water?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you that..." He took a deep breath. "I love you."

Cyan blinked. "W-what?"

Cole sighed. Of course, she didn't feel the same. "Sorry."

She furrowed her brow. "Huh?"

Cole stared at his lap. "Sorry, you probably think I'm rushing things, but... Uh, I wanted to say it before the picnic ended."

Cyan fiddled with her hair. "I like you too."

Cole rubbed his ears. Had he heard her right?

Cyan lowered her head, her cheeks red. "I've liked you since we met, to be honest."

He smiled. "Same here!" His smile vanished. "But, wait. Weren't you put off by how I treated your friend?"

Cyan looked up. "I was, but I also understood where you were coming from. He did hurt your best friend."

Cole nodded.

***

Aw... Aren't they cute? Thoughts? Theories? Predictions?

~Shino out!