The Calm Before The Storm

I made it to the breakfast area shouting a 'good-morning'. When I went in to get some food there really wasn't a line (guess I have Newt and his early wake up call to thank for that), it was only me, Frypan in the kitchen preparing some plates and the smell of rotting potatoes.
Can potatoes even rot?
Of course they can! Everything can!
Okay let's say I believe you but how to you even what they smell like, hm?
Shut up other Luna, it's too early in the morning to deal with you!
I'm just saying, for all you know this could be the smell of freshly cut lilies actual Luna.
Why am I even talking to you?
I don't know you are the crazy one talking to yourself.
It's not like I have a choice you never shut up.
True. But you wouldn't be you without me talking in your head.
True. So anyway how is it going, we haven't actually talked in a while?
Oh everything is fine don't worry about me...
No, no I feel bad, please tell me how are you? I don't give you as much attention as I should!
Aw, aren't you a sweetheart!
No you are!
No you are!
No you are!
Okay fine we are both sweethearts!
"Luna?" Suddenly I become aware of Frypan talking to me.
Shit when did he come here?!
I don't know say something!
"Greenie? Greenie! What's wrong with you? Snap out of it!" now he was snapping his fingers in front of my face.
Why should I say something!? You say something!
How can I say something I'm imaginary!
Shoot you're right! I have to say something. What do I say?
"Okay I'm gonna throw a bucket of water at your head if you don't wake up or something"
Just say something he's going to get the hair wet!
I mean we could use a bath...
Just shut up and say something!
How can I shut up and say something at the same time?
Just snap out of it!
"Hiiii Frypan! No need for that bucket I'm good! Just a bit sleepy is all!" Great save Luna... "Shut up!" I whispered-shouted
"What?" I'm pretty sure Frypan must think I'm crazy right now...
"Nothing sorry I'm good. What I meant to say was... stuff up... my face with food! Yes that's what I said! Stuff my face"
"You're a weird chick you know that?" Frypan raised a very impressive brow at my antics
"I mean how many chicks have you met? This could be normal!"
"Yes you are normal..." He said clearly not very convinced. "Anyway here you go: eggs and bacon. Enjoy!"
As I was stuffing my face with the delicious breakfast Frypan made (I swear that boy is husband material but that's for another fanfic) sleepy boys started filling in for breakfast. Soon enough all the picnic tables were full with the Gladers eating before a long day of work. Well that were all full except for mine. I was all alone staring into nothingness wondering why everyone was avoiding me like the plague. They were more then eager to get to know me when I first arrived and I was begging to think they would treat me as an equal when I beat Gally up... (well more like avoided and pushed but I won and that's that!)
Suddenly like the gods of companionship answered my prayers for someone to talk with other than 'other Luna' Minho came and sat right opposite me.
"Hey there Greenie how you enjoying Fry's crap?" He said with his signature smirk.
"If that's what crap tastes like I'd gladly take seconds!" I said smiling and showing him my empty plate.
"Hahaha better not we don't want you throwing up all over our nice gathering room. You wouldn't believe but we even have a rug! It has the color of puke and smells quite bad so it would not really matter..."
"What's that?" I asked cutting him, ready to get some answers.
"A rug? It's like a carpet I guess just smaller...?" Minho said looking at me like I was crazy.
"No not the rug, the gathering! Newt said something about it earlier but he never explained."
"Oh! We just gather, and by we I mean the Keepers, to discuss important clunk" he explained shoving some eggs into his mouthing the process making me wrinkle my nose in disgust.
"So why do I need to come? I'm not a keeper of anything" I said offering him a napkin.
"First off, thank you" he said taking the napkin and wiping his mouth " second, don't ever say you are not a keeper, you are the keeper of my heart. And C" "You mean third" "Yes whatever, third you need to come cause we are gonna talk about you! And if you are not there it's gossip but if you are there we can say we are just 'politely conversing' and offering 'constructive criticism'" he finished happily smiling at me.
"Why do you need to talk about me?" I asked scratching my arm nervously
"Oh you know this and that, like how Alex , you know him the hormonic bastard, basically attacked you nothing important really just chit chat" he said flipping his fork in the air and giving me a hard look.
"Well that wasn't my fault! He said it yourself he attacked me! And if Newt hadn't come when he did I-I don't..."
My voice was cracking, my eyes felt stingy and I felt like everyone was staring at me when in reality nobody even knew.
"Hey, hey it's fine... Nothing would have happened and nothing will happen. We know it's not your fault we just need to hear Alex tell his part of the story, ok?" He said soothingly rubbing my arm from over the table.
"Let's just get you cleaned up and then I'll take you to the gathering. We'll be like ten minutes and after that we can just forget anything ever happened okay?" Minho stood up and helped me over to the Homestead.
I really hoped Minho was right, that it would be ten minutes, maybe an apology from Alex and that would be it.
But something in me told me that it wouldn't be that easy... And now I can tell you that I regret not getting seconds that morning, because after that day I wouldn't really have an appetite for quite a while...