"The Sacrifice"

Tobirama knew it was coming, it was said to him at a very young age, he had known it his whole life. The people of his village dispised him, called him a demon, a curse. His red eyes, pale complexion and snow white hair had been taken as a bad omen.

To them he is a curse, they avoid him like a plague, not daring to touch anything that had been in his hands.

The only ones who aknowladge his existance as anything else than a curse are his brothers, they have never avoided him, always included him in their games.

But now he was of age, an adult, it is time to be given as a sacrifice to the Fire God, their prayer for a good season. Sacrifices have been given every year, each one had been a human from prison, sinners, thieves.

Now it was him, the second born of the leader of their village.

He looked into the mirror, the ceremonial paint was already on his skin, the red lines blending nicely with his own red tatoos. The lines were elegant and sharp, all over his body, making him look like a white, red striped tiger. He put on the robes that have been given to him, each sacrifice has ones, depending on their class in the society, Tobirama's was white, lined with silver, made of silk and loose arround his shoulders. Silver pin was added above his left ear, the design simple but beautiful, a curvy stripe of silver, pearls decorating it along with elegant carved lines in the silver.

There was a knock at his door, his brothers opening it, giving him sad smiles, he gave one back.

He walked barefoot with his brothers, they bid him their last farewells and he entered the monument with the altar inside, he is to be in here alone, no one else is allowed to the ceremony other then the sacrifices.

He sat on the altar, waiting. The sun was almost over the small opening which is meant for the sunrays to shine through.

He closed his eyes as the heat of the sun hit him, the air getting hot. He felt flames spread arround the altar, opening his eyes, he kept them trained on the floor as the god stepped from the flames, his hair made of black fire, going down his shoulders, eyes like hot ambers, like coal waiting to be ignited once again.

The god looked at him curiously, walking arround him, judging.

Tobirama gulped, feeling the god's fingers hook under his chin, making him look up.

"I have never seen a human such as you before. Tell me my beauty, will your people mourn for you?"

Tobirama was shocked, he could only shake his head. "No, only my brothers." He spoke silently.

It was the god's turn to be shocked and before Tobirama knew it, his mind was infiltrated by the beeing, his memories searched through.

He would have fallen forward if not for the god catching him, picking him up and lulling him to sleep. He could only blink as he doze off.

He woke up to his old village scorching in flames, his brothers a safe distance away.

The god took him to his home, caring for him, giving him everything and more.

For once in his life he felt like he truly belonged.