Memories

My life sucks. That's all that I could think right now.

I'm hopeless.

My mate just rejected us.

I wanna die.

I'm broken. I'm shattered. Caitlyn is crying. I'm dying.

I've been wandering around the woods for almost forever.

I cant find my own way back to myself. I have never shifted back to my human form.

I dont want to. 

Staying on my werewolf form makes me free...atleast on the outside.

I wonder if he still loves me.

I wonder how is he feeling right now.

I wanna see him.

But I knew deep inside that my wish will always be ignored and rejected. Just like I was.

I sat on a river bank, gazing through the thick mist of fog covering the water. I wonder why this place is so foggy.

I looked up at the sky. Snow started falling and landed softly at every thread of my fur. Soon, I am covered with tiny specks of white snows.

Christmas.

My heart throbbed at the thought.

My mind wandered back to my past memories three years ago. Before I met my mate. Before I met Night.

My dad always throws a huge party for me and invites the whole pack to our Christmas gathering. He'd always help everyone to prepare for the food and decorations. While I'd always watch them and help them spill the food everywhere.

Then instead of getting mad, they'll laugh like nothing happened.

Then soon, mom   showed up and sprinkled me with snow from the outside. Dad got mad and scolded mom for messing around the place.  Mom  just laughed and grabbed my hand and took me with her to the garden.

While the classical music played, mom suddenly took my hand and pulled me towards her. I can feel she's happy as I am.

"I love you so much Katherine." she whispered softly.

"Mom, Call me KATE. You know I dont like being called Katherine"

I complained.

She just laughed and stroked my hair.

"You're so beautiful. Remember that I'll always love you forever. You and your Dad"

I placed both my hands on the side of her face and whispered softly.

"Mom, dont act as if you're going to die" I scolded.

I thought I was just making a joke.

Until I heard a loud bang from the forest. Then a howl came in.

"Hunters" Mom mummbled. Enough for me to hear.

"Come on baby, lets get inside and play with the other kids." Mom said before pushing towards the front door.

"But mom, what about you?" I asked as I gripped my skirt nervously.

"I'll be fine baby. Come on. Go"

I reluctantly turned around and went inside...not knowing that this will be my last encounter with the only woman I loved the most.

As soon as I entered the house, I went for the window and peeked outside. But Christian pulled me away and made me face him.

"Kate, lets go upstairs. You have no reason to watch it" He said staring at my blue eyes.

"But my mom and dad are out there. Even yours"

"I know your anxious. But we can do nothing. We're still young to fight. So we have to stay here and as your bestfriend and soon to be guard, I want to make sure you are safe. Along with the others." he said tilting his head to the side. I looked behind his shoulders and met the worried expressions of the mothers and kids of our pack.

I sighed heavily and walked upstairs. I flopped on my queen sized bed and cried. That was the first time I cried so hard.

But I cant help myself but walk to my balcony doors and jump. I knew that the stupidest thing to do especially in that situation. But I want to make sure my parents are safe. Though I'm still 14 years old back then, I can already shift to my wolf form. I am the only child that can shift at an early age.

In a matter of few seconds, Caitlyn is in control. I named her after my name. She's stubborn just like I am.

My wolf was still small or still as big as an adult goat. I know I'm still too young but I don't care.

I stopped running when my ear quirked up. I heard different footsteps coming my way. My tail hid under my stomach as a sign that I was scared. Perhaps coming here was really a very bad idea after all. 

I started to walk backwards while the footsteps are slowly advancing towards me.

I know that they knew I was  there.So I ran...but everything happened so fast  in this very place. The place I'm sitting at.

In a blink of an eye, a huge wolf was lying in front of me.  Her eyes are closed but they fluttered open as soon I walked towards her.

"mom" I said through mind link. 

"Hi baby"

I can still remember my heart throbbing seeing her like that. Weak and dying.

I nudged her using my nose to keep her awake. But her green eyes refused to. Soon, they closed peacefully forever. My eyes went wide and I automatically shifted back to my human form. I don't care if I'm naked or what. I don't care. All I could think that time was my mom.

"Mom! Mom! Please don't leave me!" I cried.

"Look! Another bitch. She looks young and healthy. I think its better to kill her before she grows up" I can hear a shuffling of guns but I refused to look up.

"Mom! open your eyes! Mom! Please...I love you..I'll let you call me Katherine forever. Just please don't die on me mom PLEASE! PLEASEEEE!!" 

But her face remained peaceful and still.

I buried my face to her soft white fur and cried.

"I think its better that we should leave her alone. She has nothing to do with everything yet" a female voice said. Then footsteps started coming my way and placed a blanket at my bare back. The warmth of the blanket comforted me and I collapsed on my mother's dead body.

The last thing I heard is a loud growl coming behind me before everything went black.

*****""""****""""**"'"*"'*'*'*"*"*"*"*

Hi Guys,

DID YOU CRY???