Shock

"Then what should we do?" I asked Caitlyn but she just chuckled.

"Of course we'll stay with him. He is our mate and we should stay with him forever. Like daddy said"

"But he is a hunter. He'll kill us- " before I could even finish my statement, Night cut me off.

"You're spacing out again."  I stared at him with wide eyes.

I never thought he'll notice.

 I stuttered. 

"I'm hungry" I finally scrambled out my cheeks becoming red.

He just smiled as he patted my head as if I'm a dog.

Wait A DOG?!

I stared at him as he stood up and walked towards the door. He looks so cool when he walks. His broad back was facing me then suddenly it turned into muscled chest. I never thought he turned back smirking as he realized I'm checking him out. How the heck is he doing that?

"Saw something you like?" He smirked cockily.

I just glared at him and started walking towards him.

"Just tell me where the damn food is"

***

Their dining area is breathtaking. There's huge table at the center which are filled with different types of food and a massive chandelier hanging above. Its candlelight illuminating the whole place.

Night offered me a seat beside him. There is no one else around which made me wonder.

"Night?" I began as I sliced the steak like a well mannered lady. " are you always alone here?" I asked.

He smiled then took a bite of his meat before answering me.

"I'm not always alone here. The others are left behind that place to destroy all of those stupid dogs. I ordered them to clear everything. Not even a single pup."

I winced.

"Not even one?" I asked in a weak manner.

He nodded as he drank his wine in one gulp. I can sense his overwhelming hatred towards our kind. 

My hand balled into a fist. I'm so confused. Sitting in front of me is the guy who led the entire tragedy. He was the one to started it. He killed everyone. He destroyed my life!

"and the others?" I asked, trying to remain calm

"Others?" He chuckled and then placed a spoonful of his meal on his mouth.

He chewed them first and swallowed before speaking again.

" I must be sorry then."

I frowned when I didn't catch up with what he's talking about.

"What do you mean?" I asked. My heart is pounding so hard I could barely breath. My palms are sweaty and shaking.

Before he could even respond, we heard a loud crash coming from outside the door. When I turned to look at Night, I already saw him already out of his seat and rushing towards the door. He opened it and I covered my mouth when I smelled a faint stench of blood.

"Night!! Simon needs our help! He was bitten by a massive wolf at his neck.Now he's dying!" The man breathed out in a rush as he half carried the man I think Simon toward a seat.

"QUICK! Call the nursemaid and the doctor immediately! Tell them to rush toward the health room!" Night demanded.
When the others didn't do anything yet because of shock.
He shouted making everyone move hastily all scramming away to follow his orders.

"Our mate is very demanding right?"
My wolf Caitlyn said.

"I don't care. I can't accept this." I tried to push back the reality that this person is our mate. The person who is supposed to take care of us. The person who is supposed to lead the whole pack with me. The person that I will love the most.

"I think we can get used to it soon. You need to accept her Kate. He belongs to us, and we to him. There is no escape to this" She replied.

"Are you alright?" Someone asked behind my back.

I turned in my seat only to see Night standing behind my back.

"Uhh..Yeah..Why wouldn't I be?" I asked unsure. For some reason, his presence pulls my confidence and bravery down deep at the bottom.

I can't focus.

"Maybe we should get you back to bed. You look tired and weary. Come on. "

I was about to protest but he already guided me towards the door. No one spoke as we walk together at the hallway towards my room.

When we finally reached the door, he pinned me on the wall and locked his lips with mine.

What the heck!

My wolf started to struggle to take over but I pushed her away. I have to control everything this time yet. Or else we all getting in a serious trouble. He pulled away breathless then smiled cheekily.

"did you like that?" He asked before walking away.

"why did you do that?" I asked, biting my sore lips. I must admit, I wanted more. That was truly unexpected.

"I don't know..I just feel like it"

What.

"see you tomorrow" He winked before he sauntered away like a man winning his prize.

 Instead of pleasure and joy, I felt humiliation and rage.

This is not good. I need to plan something to get ourselves out of here. But the feeling of happiness and lust are looming over my anger..stupid mate instincts.

"Just accept the fact that you like it. Because If you'll ask me? I love it. If only he didn't walk away and I took over, I would've fuck him right in this place."

I gasped at the sudden comment of my wolf. 

"SHUT UP!"