Chapter Thirteen

Thank you so much LauraIshAnime for making this banner for me (: much appreciated.

If you would like to send in your banners, my email is open (: Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1530

~Kezziah

I was hardly concentrating on my sandwich at lunch.

Etta was compensating for my lack of conversation, chattering on about her latest dose of medication. Something about how she had hallucinated about a boy she had a crush on joining her in bed. Melena seemed to disregard her, while Amilia reprimanded her for her foolishness. The pecking order within this group seems to shift between Amilia and Melena being on top. I can't decide what's going on between them.

"Did you hear about the two girls in the gym room this morning?" Etta asks excitedly. Those deep blue eyes often gleam, I've noticed, when she's gossiping. "Both in different medication, but both are now bedridden."

Melena shakes her head. "Those two bitches deserved it."

Amilia nods in agreement. "They really had a lot to say didn't they? Possibly the two most jealous of you, Kezi. Apparently your attention from Alden has made you the target of many girls jealous.

I sigh deeply. If only they knew his attention was something that I didn't want. He won't see my brand, I won't let him.

"Either way, they didn't deserve what happened to them," I say dismissively, hoping they would just give up on this conversation. I truly couldn't care less about what happened to them, I just want to know how, and why.

"You should," Melena says, tossing an apple between her palms. "

I swallow my opinion. Who knows who would hear around us if I admitted I had witnessed it. And for one, I would never tell them my assumptions. What that nurse had said to me left an imprint on the forefront of my mind, refusing to be brushed away. Did she have something to do with it? If so, why? As far as I'm aware, no one here is my friend. I wouldn't even consider the three girls at my table allies to any degree.

I scramble to change the subject, in case I'm questioned. "I know I have no backbone to share my story on how I met Time...But I was wondering whether or not one of you would like to share with me."

It's a risky request, but at least their attention is off the two girls from the gym room. They all exchange glances, unsure of who should volunteer.

"Melena has a great story!" Etta says cheerfully, fully aware the jade eyed girl had no plan on sharing anything with me.

Out of all these girls, I'm most curious about Melena's story. He marked her lips, which is one no one else shares with her. Alden should have been curious, about her, not me, although I am aware of what Time did to me being in the Alpha's best interest to know. That doesn't mean I'm going to tell him though.

When Melena says nothing, her glare like a searing hot poker focused on Etta, the Love Pack member speaks up. "Time kisses Melena to brand her. And she kissed him back, because she so desperately wanted it."

I've noticed Melena's short temper, so when she abruptly stands and walks away, I'm not surprised. I watch her departing back. Time manipulated her. I know how that feels.

"Etta," Amilia scolds. "Was that truly necessary?"

Ignoring Amilia, Etta turns to face me. She has a big mouth for gossip, which is the primary reason I won't ever trust her. Perhaps she doesn't mean to be that way, but it's unnerving. I'm afraid if I speak to her about my past, she would be quick to feed that straight through to the Alpha.