Club Twelve - Raphael

Prompt: The reader sings at a mutant club. This is the turtle’s first time hearing of this, let’s see how this turns out?

Warnings: None, it might be lowkey trash, though.

Word Count: 5.8k

Side note: The reader is female in this one, but if this gets a good amount of notes, I’ll gladly post a male/gender neutral one. Also, please click the links before each one. They help you understand the way the songs are performed. (I love PostModern Jukebox so much, oh my goodness.)
Enjoy!

❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥
The sound of heels clicking echoed throughout the large and empty garage as Y/n made her way to the main building of the club. Once inside, she was greeted with a hug and furry hug.

“Hey, Charlie.” Y/n greeted as her diaphragm was being crushed by the friendly rat. Charlie released his embrace on Y/n and pushed her further into the club and to her dressing room.

“You’re on in 30, hun.” He spoke then turned to leave.

“Thanks, Charles!” She shouted back to the club owner, then turned back to the mirror. She slipped her black leather jacket off of her shoulders and hung it on the back of her chair. She sighed and looked at her bare face in the mirror. Even though she could've done her makeup at home, she figured it would have been less time consuming if she did it when she got to the club. Plus, if Raph was to see Y/n all dolled up and ready to go, he would arouse some questions that Y/n just wasn't ready to answer yet.

Y/n started working at Club 12 almost two months ago. She needed the extra cash to pay for a new car, since her old one broke down. So, a mutant friend of hers offered her a job and she excitedly accepted. It paid well, the hours weren’t bad and her colleagues were fairly nice. The only downside was that she would have to dodge the turtle’s radar for a moment every night for a couple of hours each night.
Raphael was very set on making sure (Y/n) was safe in her apartment. It was critical that she was home by 3 am, for when Raph does his ‘nightly check in’ after patrol was over.  She was afraid that he would go on a complete rampage through the city.

After applying her lipstick, a knock sounded at the door.
“Come in!” she called as she popped the cap back onto the lipstick and placed it into her makeup bag.
A familiar face walked into the room and handed her a garment bag.

“What’s this, Butch?” she asked as she looked up at her manager.

“It’s a lil somethin’ from Charlie’s sister. She loved the performance that you did last Saturday and she heard that your favorite color was red.” He spoke in his brooklyn accent.

Y/n unzipped the garment bag and gasped. A red dress was revealed as she pulled it out of the bag. It was velvety and soft with roses on all around the bust. It was short, but not revealing. Truly gorgeous.

“I didn’t know that he had a sister.” She said as she twirled the dress on its hanger. She then noticed a slip of paper on it’s shoulder strap. Y/n grabbed the card and studied its features before opening it.

“Just keep doing more great shows, you are legendary on stage. No need to pay me back.” -Rachel
The note read, making the young woman smile.

“I’ll see you in 10.” Butch said as he walked out the room and closed the door.

Once the dress was on, all Y/n could do was smile and wiggle her hips to the music playing through the walls.  The dress contorted to her curves and brightened her whole appearance. The black skater dress she had on earlier was trash compared to the one she had on now. She adjusted her hair and makeup and soon made her way to the narrow hallway that led directly backstage.