Chapter 1

His lips inch closer to hers

His lips inch closer to hers. He stares deeply into her chocolate brown eyes. Her mouth waters. Moving, inching closer to her heart's desire there he was.

Finally.

Heart to heart.

Her cheeks freshly flushed with romantic notions. He was everything she dreamt of. Lips meet. Hands tangled in hair. Soft curls. Tousling in between fingertips. He was all she ever wanted.

"Renee?"

I gasp feeling a bit startled with him standing there in front of me. I close my lap top quickly as I pause on what I had been writing. "Sorry, Michael what did you need?" I ask as I place my glasses back up over the bridge of my nose.

His eyes smiled at me. He wrinkles his nose as he tried to figure out what I had been up to. "Renee you seemed to be a million miles away just now. What is going on?" Michael asks me as he sits down beside me on the set we were at.

I sigh. I really did not want to tell my best friend I was working on a romance novel. "Nothing. I was into a project I was writing okay?" I mutter.

"I know you write Renee. When are you ever going to share what you write with your best friend?" he questions me.

I feel a blush rise to my cheek bones. "Michael my stuff really is not very good at all. It is not ready for publishers. So there for it is not ready for the world. And not for you either!" I chuckle. I was never going to let him read what I wrote about. I turn my lap top off after I save my work, I toss my lap top into my book bag. Away from Michael. Far away.

"I really would love to read anything you have. I know you are a brilliant writer" he argues. "Come on!" he begs me.

"Michael no! I do not want to share my work! Can we drop it please?" I beg of him.

"Fine. I guess you do not trust me" he mutters.

I place a hand on his arm. "I really do not want to show my work to anyone yet. Do you understand? You hate to show your work unless it is finished" I remind him. "Please understand. Maybe one day I will feel confident to show off my work. And when I do then I will be sure to show you" I tell him.

He smiles. "You better!" he mutters. He smirks.

"What did you want? Did you need me to do something?" I ask him.

I work for Michael Jackson. Yes, you know who. King of Pop. I used to go to school with Michael when he attended a private school here in California. Back when he was in the Jackson 5 group.

Then when I had money issues, he hired me to work along side of him. He always looked out for me. He was my best friend in every sense of the word. I did not have a great life growing up.