My father was a work-holic. We were fairly well off. My mother was a druggy. When father was not home, she was always wasting our money and partying. She often got frustrated with me and would hit me.

Father never really knew she was abusive to me. When I turned eighteen, I fled from there. Michael would not allow me to try to make it on my own. He allowed me to stay on the grounds of Neverland when he bought the ranch. In a private wing there.

I would never accept charity, but I did accept a job offer from him. He trusted me to be his personal assistant. I ran errands for him. Email were sent for him. I did whatever he needed me to do. He looked out for me and I looked out for him to.

There was only one problem with all of it. I was in love with the man. I had since the day I met him in school. I helped him find his class. We hit it off right away. He was really shy when I first met him. But once we got to know one another he really opened up to me. And I to him.

"Michael when are you going to take me on that date you mentioned?" a pretty little extra from this new video we were shooting comes up to him. "You did promise that you would take me out on the town tonight while I am in California" whimpers the skinny little super model.

She was pretty. She was as tall as Michael. She had long flowing perfect black hair. That rested in the middle of her back. Mine well mine was tossed up into a comfortable bun. My curly brown hair never did anything right.

Besides that, I was wearing a cozy Betty Boop tee shirt. With Bimbo beside her. They were in outer space. Michael had bought me the shirt for my last birthday. He knew I loved Betty.

I felt a little frumpy next to this beauty that was near Michael. Shame in my appearance hits me like a ton of bricks. I try to brush it aside. She had on a slinky little black dress on. And tall boots that went up to her knees. I could not compare to this girl. I was not going to bother trying.

"Cindy, I will be more than happy to take you out tonight on the town. How about eight tonight?" he asks her. She beams looking pleased.

She nods. She hugs his neck. Then kisses his lips. "I gave you my room number. I am over at the Holiday Inn" she reminds him. "See you then Mike" she vows. She blows him a kiss before she wanders away.

"Guess you have plans" I mutter to Michael as he watches her walk away. "I better pick what I want to make for dinner. Do you need me out of Neverland for the night?" I ask him.

He shakes his head.  "No Renee. Neverland is your home to. Stay okay? I will end up at her place I am sure" he laughs.

"Casanova" I huff. I smile his way.

"You will always be my best girl" he jokes as he touches my cheek with his hand.

"Renee! There you are! I was hoping to catch you before you went home!" Toby Olsen says as he joins us. Toby was a geeky tech nerd that worked on the cameras here on the studio set.

"Hey Toby, what can I do for you?" I ask him.

He blushes as I look at him. "I was hoping that I might be able to take you out on a date tonight?" he blurts out.

Michael grins happy that I was asked out. Humiliation flames in my cheeks. Toby was the last person in the world that I wanted to ask me out on a date. "Toby thanks. I am so, um thrilled that you asked me out. I am. Really. But I can't" I mutter.

"You can't? You had no plans but to..." Michael begins to say.

I shoot him a dirty look. "I have plans! I am really sorry Toby, but I can't make it tonight. Or ever" I say as I rush away from them.