The Scientist

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh take me back to the start

- Coldplay: The Scientist

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN EDITED OR BETA'D. SO IT WILL HAVE GRAMMAR MISTAKES...

It has been few days. It has been two whole days since I broke my Caroline bubble. I really was naïve to think that I lived in this perfect world where I finally got that one thing I always wanted. I really thought that for once, I was someone's first choice.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled at him. What the hell he thought he was doing?

"Caroline?" he wondered aloud "What are you… doing here?"

"I came here because… I asked you a question first, mister!" I yelled at him, pointing at him with my forefinger. "Or are you so busy to… TORTUR people to hear me?!"

"Caroline—"

"I can't believe you! I'm friends with Stefan, you know?"

"What a long friendship you have," he said sarcastically.

"Okay. It has only been two weeks, but—"

"One and a half," he said interrupting me.

"Whatever! I still can't believe that you're torturing him," I told him, pointing at the person my boyfriend was torturing.

"Was that all?"

"Was that all?"

"Yes? So I may continue my… 'torturing'?"

"You may NOT keep torturing him!" I yelled again. "Let him go. Let Damon go."

"Let him go?" he was the one yelling now.

"Yes If you ever cared about me at all… you will let him go!"

"You can't be serious, Caroline," he stated.

"I… I can't be serious?" Who was the one torturing another being here?

"Do you even remember what he did to you?" he asked me outraged. What he did to me?

"Okay, so he was a bad boyfriend. That's not a crime, you know?"

"Bad?" he asked before laughing.

"Fine. The baddest. Can you let him go now?"

"I will give your memories back then. Let's see if you want to save him then," he told me with a mad face. So Klaus took off my necklace and compelled me to remember everything Damon did to me. Every single thing.

"How could you?" I yelled before I ran away from him and his mansion, while he just stood there with Damon's tortured body. I just ran away from all of it.

It still pained me to remember everything from that day, but the funny thing is that right now I didn't think of all the things Damon did to me. I was thinking about how Klaus didn't care. He didn't care how much I begged him to release Stefan's only brother (even though I really hate Damon). He didn't even care how I would feel about remembering everything Damon did to me.

So it's only been two days since I learned the truth. Real life isn't like in the books. You don't just meet the guy and live happily ever after. And this is why I still haven't talked to my boyf… Was he even my boyfriend anymore? Or has he met someone else to spend time with?

I know that Kol and Rebekah have tried to speak with me but Klaus? He hasn't really tried. Maybe I just wanted to believe in it so badly, that I imagined everything. Maybe after breaking up with Damon, I wanted to think so badly that I'm not all the things Damon said about me.

After all this isn't twilight. You don't just fell in love with an overprotecting vampire. I just fell in love with the original vampire, who loved to make me miserable apparently. But even though I was in love with him, how could I get over this?

That was my last thought before I felt someone putting something on my face and all I saw was stars.

N/A: I know it's been forever! I just wanted to think hard about what she saw. I thought that because the story started with Damon telling that she was 'useless and shallow' that this would be a good one.

So this wasn't beta'd. I sent it to my beta but I wanted to put it here already because I don't know how long it will take (or is she still willing to beta it. It has been so long after all.) and I think you guys have waited long enough.

What do you think? Was it worth of the wait? Poor Caroline is really messed up… Do you think that Klaus really doesn't care (yet anyway) or is he just been stubborn?