27. Talk 2U

I woke up with the worst headache, my head was literally throbbing.

"Jorja?" I said, sitting up on the bed as I held onto my head.

"You're up." She smiled. She was on her phone as she fixed her makeup in the mirror.

"What the fuck happened? Did I just completely pass out last night?"

"Mhmm. Listen," She turned around, biting her lip as she rolled the chair over to me. "Tyler came by last night. He looked all panicked and confused, he wanted to talk to you. I told him you were asleep and he ended up leaving. I just thought you'd want to know."

"Fuck," I sighed, getting up from the bed.
I hopped into the shower, without even thinking about it. I needed to clear my head before we met again. I didn't know what to do at that point, I was confused, dizzy.

I got out of the shower, a text from my phone lit the screen.

went to the library. text me if you need something.
-jorja

I sighed, fixing myself up. I couldn't even fathom coming face to face with T again.

...

I grabbed my bag, heading to the library too. I had a ton of unread messages from literally everyone asking about why I had left. I didn't want to deal with it.

I made my way down the hall, down stairs, and soon was halfway there.
Suddenly, a hand on my arm pulled me back.
"Salem, let me explain—,"
Tyler.
"I don't wanna talk. Let go."

"Can you just let me fucking talk?"

I sighed, looking down.

"Last night, I had no idea Mikayla would even come through. I was in shock the whole time. I wasn't even fucking thinking straight. I don't know, it was just hard. She was my first real thing and I couldn't believe she was there. Look, I'm sorry for leaving you like that. I promise you she's gone now—,"

"So you're not even gonna mention the kiss?"

T's face dropped, I knew he didn't want to tell me.

"I–I didn't want to hurt you, if I told you. It was a huge fucking accident. We were talking and then she completely just kissed me and I couldn't pull away. But I swear afterwards I told her to leave. That you were my only—,"

"Look, I don't care, T. You could've stopped it the minute she walked in."

"I know. I'm so fucking sorry Salem. You know i'd never do something that stupid. You know that."

"But you did it anyway."

He bit his lip, unsure of what to say. I sighed, turning back around, as I walked the opposite direction.

"I love you, Salem."

I stopped in my tracks as my heart began to pound harder and faster.

"I wanted to tell you last night before any of this shit happened. I swear, fuck. You know me."

I turned around, he looked so tired. For some reason, I knew he meant it. I knew it was a mistake.
Tyler walked over, his arms coming around me. I hugged him, letting go.
The thoughts of Rocky and I last night came to mind, pushing it to the back of my head.

"I'm so sorry," Tyler said. I wanted to kiss him so bad, go back to normal. But we couldn't.

"I need time."

Nodding, he put his hands into his pockets.