14. Over

I got to my dorm, taking off my clothes and hopping into the shower. I felt tears begin to form in my eyes again. I was so fucking confused. The kiss between Rocky and I wasn't what I thought it could've been, something was lacking. But with Tyler, it felt so natural. Once his hands wrapped around my waist, the way he held on to me—
I didn't want to think about it; but the thought continually repeated itself through my head.
I got out of the shower, dressed, and dug myself into the bed.

...

Waking up, I realized I had photography class today. I sighed, waking up to a passed out Jorja and Kali on the same bed. Same clothes as the night before. I quickly got ready, grabbing my stuff and walking to class.

Once I got there, I was the first again. Same seats. Steve walked in, quickly sitting next to me.

"Why'd you leave so early last night? shit was just beginning to get good." He placed his books on the desk.

"Tired."

"So y'all still together or?" Steve signaled as Tyler and Wyatt walked in.

I avoided eye contact with T, looking down at my desk.

"I don't know. Complicated."

"Right.." Steve blew out a sarcastic whistle.

Tyler and Wyatt sat a row behind us; their seat from last time was taken. He was quiet today.

"Alright class! Today you all will have go out into the campus and take the best pictures of students and faculty in their natural habitat. Explore the diversity around you! I hope you all read the textbook chapter about lighting. Anyway, come grab a disposable camera and partner up with someone in class. Come back in an hour and place the cameras on my desk, okay? You're free to go!"

Steve and I sighed, we literally could've skipped today if it meant we had a stupid activity.

"Let's go get a camera." Steve said, grabbing his stuff as I did too. We made our way outside, looking around for where to go. We stayed outside the little café, hoping to see some familiar faces we could take pictures of. We sat on an empty bench.

"So what happened last night after I left?" I sat, setting my stuff under me.

"Kali and Tyler made out like three more times. That's why everyone was kinda confused you know?"

"Yeah. I was annoyed. I felt hella sick too, I had to leave."

"I can't believe Tyler didn't take you home at least. That's fucked up."

"Nah, I told him to stay at the party, I didn't wanna be a drag. Plus it's not like I wasn't
making out with Rocky. He wasn't cool about it either." I lied.

"True. Maybe he was trying to get back at you or something. I remember how obsessed he used to be with Kali though."

I looked at him, wondering what could've happened.

"Did they ever seem like they would date?"

"For sure. But they're so different. Like, Kali wanted to be single and just have sex. Friends with benefits. But Tyler, he wanted more than just that. That's probably what ended their thing."

"Yeah I figured."

We looked around, and took random pictures of people talking and sitting around with their friends.

"Hey i'm going to the bathroom real quick, okay?"

Steve nodded, and he ended up talking to some of the people we were taking pictures of. I went into the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. Just fixed up my hair, and thought. Should I avoid T? Talk to him? I was so nervous thinking about it.