love,

my handsome self

seokjin - 20/11/05

ˢᴱᴼᴷᴶᴵᴺᴺᴵᴱ'ˢ santa wishlist

1. a red fire-breathing dragon (i'll name him hoseok)

2. a pair of new black boots (has to be ᶜᴼᴼᴸ)

3. heart-eye glasses

4. clothes that fit my shoulders

5. a cooking book

6. pink hair dye

7. cooking lessons

8. strawberry-flavoured chapsticks

9. a potion that lets healthy food taste like junk food

10. bright patterned socks (preferably purple)

11. coloured contacts cuz my vision ˢˢ

12. friends that laugh at my jokes

"remember the wishlists? writing those before my birthday and believing santa was gonna make them come true was the best part of it.. but he never gave me my chance of meeting my red dragon again and so i stopped believing."

his wind-shield laughs fill the room with joy, as do you who never forgot about those whimsical wishlists. when you both still believed in such things as santa, your mother would ask you to write a wishlist, filled with twelve things that you wanted for your birthday. you two would discuss together in your shared bedroom, laughing at each other's absurd ideas.

"yeah, i remember those." your cheeks blush a rosy red, having remembered the absurd wishes and those special moments shared with your brother.

"seokjin? come help your eomma here!" mother interrupts your conversation from the other room, complaining that her kids never help around the house.

"coming, ma!" seokjin huffs and stands up, brushing the wrinkles off of his pale shirt. before he goes off to the kitchen, he states an idea that unknowingly will change your life forever.

"it'd be fun to write these again, how about we do it again this year? to relive the memories."

you sigh as you fall down to your mattress, the piece of paper held above you. it's been an hour and you still don't know what to write for your last wish. you toss and turn on your bed, thinking if you keep doing random stuff something would eventually pop into your head. it's been minutes and nothing ever comes up.

look, it's the twelfth wish, how hard can it be to just come up with something?

as you are lost in thought, chimmy goes after you as he settles down on your tummy and looks at you innocently. your mood instantly goes brighter as you stroke his delicate fur, earning soft purrs from your baby.

"chimmy, i'm lost," you vent out to him. the next moments are a storytime for chimmy, you telling him about those days when you were a small kid with a creative mind and your never-ending love for christmas. you tell about those special memories you had on your birthday as a kid, your mother (or santa) always surprising you with the wishes you wrote and then feeling ecstatic to find where santa hid all this time, because he couldn't have possibly taken your note out of nowhere, could he? there is no way mum could have his contact all this time, right?

and your baby stays in place, his brown eyes boring into yours as he listened to every word that comes out of your mouth, no matter how trivial it was. his dilated pupils and careful eyes tell that he's listening, and you nozzle your nose to his because god, you don't deserve him at all.

"i wish you were human, chimmy," you say, your voice barely a whisper. he's always listening, always wants to know what you're up to, always there for you. sometimes you prefer venting out to him than people, at least your little baby never interrupts your talk. sometimes, you wish he could talk back, he would give you the best advices.

chimmy releases his affection for you as he licks your face gently, every little inch of it. you giggle through the process, kissing him on the nose as well.

you know what, you're just gonna jot that down. the last wish. taking a pen, you transferred the words onto the already crumpled paper.

12. i wish chimmy were human

it's better than nothing right?

"look, chimmy it's a shooting star!" you point out the window for him to see but it was too late for you to make a wish since it fell down already. you pout, but whatever right? you'll see it another time. you prepare yourself to sleep and chimmy follows, laying right next to you. you bid your goodnight and close your eyes, not knowing that you said your last wish right when the shooting star is present.

that night, you sleep soundlessly not knowing what is gonna happen to your baby the next day...