f o u r | fifteen minutes

A/N

I am very sorry for the long wait so I uploaded this to catch up. This is where things start getting interesting.

This chapter basically kick-starts the plot oriented parts. This is possibly the longest chapter I've EVER written. It's 4427 words WITHOUT the authors note. Please Enjoy! And don't forget to always read the Authors notes.

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia.

Chapter 4: Fifteen Minutes

The tear streaked down his freckled face out of his cold dead eyes that melted into a tender green.

A smile tugged at the ends of his pink lips and more tears followed. The item inside the black leather box brought back loving memories of his childhood with his mother.

His loving mother that he knew would protect him no matter what. She loved him with all her heart and only wanted the best for him. They had gone through thick and thin together: From him not receiving a quirk, to his childhood friendship issues, to his dad breaking his leg really badly and struggling to pay the bills, to getting through that traumatic age, to his dad going away to fight, to dying in that fight, to becoming a gold star family, to going through the many stages of grieving, there was a reason the Midoriyas were so comfortable crying, to learning to live on, to starting middle school, to Kacchan's continued reign of terror, to secrets, betrayal and tears of things more than joy.

But no matter what came flying at them, she would protect him as he grew up and he deeply admired her for that.

And now it was his turn to fend for himself and her. For both of them

That's what family does after all.

+=+=+=+=+

He looked upon the anticipated item inside the box and smiled warmly he silently cried.

It was a blood red tie with a shocking crimson outline and silky stitching. He carefully lifted it out of the case, cupping it with his hands and gently bringing it up to his nose to sniff it.

It smelled new.

The minty fresh smell awakened lost memories that rekindled his childhood mirth. Thus, causing a smile.

His mom used to buy him things like this when he reached an age milestone. Ties, bowties and even a suit once. He knew what they meant and what they stood for even though his mom never explained. She knew he could figure it out on his own.

The tie was a custom order Inko had made herself as she spared no expense. This piece of clothing was far more expensive than any of the other gifts she had bought him.

As a child, Izuku loved dressing up in his fathers' clothes, though they were much too big. He remembered when his dad headed off to a war in a distant country and right before he hopped on the train, he threw him a little case with swirly engravings and a hat.

He will never forget the words he spoke to him on that day.

+=+=+=+=+

"Izuku. Izuku! Get up! We are going to see your dad off," A tall, green haired woman laughed as she shook her young son awake.

"Coming mom!" A miniature version of Izuku said with renewed youthful mirth as he jumped out of bed and scrambled into the bathroom to get ready.

'What. What am I doing here?'

'Where am I?'

"You're in your head. Your memories," A distant voice called out who sounded strangely like him.