Chapter 23: Naked

Start from the beginning

"You're 4 weeks pregnant, congratulations, Mahogany. You're going to be a mom." Doctor Jules smiled really hard.

"I'm what?" Mahogany's eyes widened as her heart began to beat really fast.

Kain on the other hand was listening to the sob story that Jasmine was trying to feed. He zoned her out and just focused on Maggie. He hasn't spoken to her in at least a week and now he knows why. He lost his second child, again. He doesn't know if his is bad luck or not but something or somebody must've cursed him. What he didn't know was that Maggie was carrying his third child. He's very lucky that she didn't lose this baby despite Jasmine and her crew stomping on her stomach. It was a miracle, it really was.

"And I'm sorry for jumping her but you've got to understand how I feels, Ka—"

"Get out of my car." He said lowly.

"Wait, what?" Jasmine narrowed her eyes.

"I ain't got all day, I've got shit to handle so come on!" He yelled.

She jumped a little and slowly made her way out of the car. Kain adjusted his seatbelt and drove off. He was driving to Maggie's house because they both needed to talk. At the hospital, he was mad. His girl was hurt and he didn't even know what state she was in. But Athena managed to send him a picture. Maggie had a busted lip and a swollen cheek with cuts on her forehead and shit. Kain wasn't able to hold her in her arms and tell her that it's all okay.

He knocked on the front door and waited a little while, "Who is it?" Daina asked.

"Open up, D." Kain looked down.

He turned around and saw Marquis and a guy that he had never seen before leaving their house, "What do you want?" Daina rolled her eyes.

"I wanna speak to Maggie." He politely asked.

"Haven't you got the message, son? She don't wanna talk to you.." Daina folded her arms.

"Aye, yo, D!" The man with Marquis yelled, "Is this nigga bothering you?" He made it towards Daina and Kain.

"No, we good." She shook her head.

"Wassup?" Kain made eye contact with Marquis.

"Wassup, Kain?" Marquis gave him a head nod.

"Oh, you're Kain? Marquis has told me all about you. Man, you're a punk for not being by your woman when she needed help. She had to rely on my brother, man." The man said before walking off with Marquis following behind.

"What the fu—? Who the fuck is that nigga?!" Kain clenched his fist.

"Martin. Marquis' older brother." Daina shrugged.

"Look, just come inside, it's too hot, man." Daina sighed.

Kain walked into the house and noticed that it was quiet, "Where is she?" He asked.

"In the kitchen..." Daina quietly pointed, "Look, when she sees you, don't expect her to be quiet. She's gonna be mad, really mad. Good luck, son." Daina said running up the stairs.

Kain sucked his teeth and began to make his way into the kitchen. He stood there, watching Maggie struggle. She was trying to reach for a glass cup in the cabinet, so Kain stepped forwards and helped her with it, making her jump.

She quickly spun around, "What the fuck, Kain?!" She said holding on to her chest.

Kain's eyes widened once he had seen her face. It was like the picture that he had seen but a little bit better. His heart literally broke into a million pieces. He looked away and so did she. He backed away letting her have her personal space. Maggie suddenly felt really weird with him being around. The thought of her carrying his baby was just weird and crazy. She didn't know what to do or what to say. She hasn't told nobody and she also doesn't plan on telling Kain.