Decoy's

Riley's P.O.V.

Last year, I should've graduated Hogwarts. I am now 18. It's been 8 years since I began my adventure, through friendships and love, pranks and even loss. Our most recent loss being Dumbledore. Harry, Hermione, and Ron spent last year destroying horcruxes.

Now we were at the burrow. Harry had arrived and we were told that deatheaters were around, thinking Harry was still on his way here. So we took polyjuice potion to become decoys and we would fly off in different directions.

"I can't let you risk your lives for me." Harry said.

"They're of age." Mad Eye returned, "They can choose for themselves."

George turned to me. "Riley, what if you get killed?"

"Well what if you get killed? Then I'll feel bad because I never did my part."

He eventually gave in and let me become a decoy.

"Then I need a possibly-last kiss." George said.

I kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Mad Eye handed us the polyjuice potion and we all looked like Harry.

"We look just alike!" Fred and George said.

I smiled.

We mounted brooms and flew off in different directions.

I flew for awhile until I saw death eaters in masks.

I flew in front of them. I was riding Cedric's broom. I don't exactly know why. It just made me feel safer.

The chased me, and I dodged and swerved, the same way I got past other players in quidditch. I can thank you for that, Cedric.

They were gaining on me. I pointed my wand at one of them and shouted, "Expelliarmus!" and he fell off his broom. There were still about three of them behind me, and one of them got close enough to aim their wand. What am I going to do now? This could be it.

My broom rocketed forward. Faster than I think it should be capable of. What just happened?

I flew through a forest until I lost them, and made my way back to the burrow.

When I got there I saw George. Missing an ear.

"George! What happened?" I asked, running up to him.

"Riley! I thought you didn't make it. Everyone else was already here."

"I'm fine."

He explained to me how his ear was cursed off.

"Oh so that's how it happens." I said.

"Wait. You knew this would happen?" he asked.

"Remember when I accidently blurted it out in our second year that you wouldn't have that ear forever?"

"Oh."

His head was wrapped to cover his missing ear.  He was looking in the mirror.

"Don't worry. You look like a heroic wounded soldier."

"Is that a bad thing?" he asked.

"No. I said heroic didn't I?" I reassured, "And I would love you anyway."

He smiled at me.