Dumbedore's Speech

George's P.O.V.

At the closing ceremony, plain black banners replaced where the house banners used to be, as a funeral for Cedric, from all of Hogwarts.

Dumbledore stood up.

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight," he said,

"but first I must acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Huffelpuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise you glasses, to Cedric Diggory."

Everyone raised their glasses, except for half of the Slytherin's that decided to remain in their seats. Despicable. Disrespectful. I looked over at Riley who was staring at them. To our great surprise, Draco shook his head and raised his glass.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Huffelpuff house. He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about."

Tears were beginning to fall down Riley's face. I used my other arm to pull her next me. She layed her head on my shoulder.

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Gasps echoed through the hall, but Riley just looked ahead at Dumbledore.

"The Ministry of Magic," Dumbledore continued, "does not wish me to tell you this. It is possible that some of your parents will be horrified that I have done so – either because they will not believe that Lord Voldemort has returned, or because they think I should not tell you so, young as you are. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that Cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to his memory."

"Every guest in this Hall," said Dumbledore, and his eyes lingered upon the Durmstrang students, "will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again -- in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.

"It is my belief -- and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken -- that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you in this Hall have already suffered directly at the hands of Lord Voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."

"I believe his sister, Riley, would like to come up and say a few words."

Riley started to walk but she turned to me. I stood by her side and walked up with her. So did Hannah.

She stood at the podium, with me on one side and Hannah on the other.

I had my arm around her and she was holding Hannah's hand.

"As I said at my brothers funeral, Cedric would not have wanted us to be stuck in the past. He would want us to move on. And, earlier today, I found thay Cedric had left me a song. It was a song, that explained his last wish for me. But, I believe that same wish would go for everyone in this room. He wishes the best for us. And that we keep moving. We can do our best, and stay strong. He wants us to keep our dreams big, and that we never have to hold more than we can take.

"As for any of you not raising your glasses, I feel sorry for you. Sorry that you do not know Cedric as a person and that you don't know he would have raised his glass for you just the same. Whether he knew you or not. Cedric was a good person. I know he was the best brother I could have ever asked for. And he always tried to see the good in people. Even if it was not there" she looked at the people not raising their glasses "he would refuse to believe it. I personally believe that we should all think like that. We should all try to focus on the positive, as Cedric had done. So, whenever you feel like giving up, or that it's not worth it, remember Cedric Diggory." When she finished, I could see the tears welling in her eyes.

Everyone lowered their glasses and sat down. Except for the people that weren't standing in the first place.

When the ceremony was over, everyone was packed and ready to leave. Riley spotted Draco and went over to him.

"Thank you. For.. raising your glass for Cedric."

"Like you said, he would've done the same for anyone else." he smiled, "you know, I've really been thinking about it, and, I really think it's time to change. You know, see everyone as equal and stuff like that. I used to think that all of the other houses hated Slytherins. But then I realized there were people like Cedric, who accept everyone. I'm sorry about what happened by the way."

"It's alright... and thank you."

Draco smiled and walked off to the train.

"Did that just happen?" I asked.

"I think so. Yeah."

Viktor Krum walked over to us. "Hey Riley. I know that Cedric was a good brother and... I'm gonna miss him too. And your speech was great. He deserved it."

Riley smiled. "Thanks Viktor."

He turned around and boarded the ship that Durmstrang took to get here.

Two girls from Beauxbatons also walked over. "Hey Riley."

"Oh hey Fluer. Hey Emma."

"We were able to get this from Dumbledore and we thought you would want to have it." Emma said, handing a black and yellow Triwizard tournament shirt to Riley.

She unfolded it and traced the letters that spelled 'Diggory' on the back of it with her finger.

"Thank you. I'm happy to have something left of him. My parents will probably be shutting his room door and never stepping foot in it again."

Madam Maxime was waving at them from their carriage.

"We 'ave to go Riley. Bye." Fluer said, walking to the carriage with Emma.

"Riley, do you want to stay at the burrow again this summer? Mum really loves visitors and then you wouldn't have to see.." I asked her.

"Yeah, thanks. I don't think I'd be able to pass by Cedric's door knowing it's no longer occupied." she said.

"Alright."

I gave her one more hug before we got on the train. And so ended our fifth year at Hogwarts, even though we lost someone along the way.

A/N: No, this is not the end of the story. I will update soon. But considering I haven't slept yet, and it's 5:35 in the morning, I've written at lease 14 or 15 new chapters in that time so there will be plenty of reading for you. Who knows how many chapters I'll write tomorrow. But I think I have written enough chapters to take a break for a day or two, unless I get the urge to write again, so everyone can catch up.

I'm aslo waiting fo Lolz_Breadrolls to GET ON WATTPAD AND UPDATE YOUR STORY!!!! And continue reading mine before you have like twenty chapters to catch up on.