Jin wasn't convinced. "It needs to sound real. It has to be real, to you at least. That's how we do it," he said. We, as in, we, the stars. Jeongguk wanted to roll his eyes. "You have to feel the pain," Jin then said and Jeongguk was barely able to move his legs before he started trying to kick him in the shins.

      "No, Jin stop," he said. "Don't abuse me. I'm doing you a favour, I'll do this on my own terms."

      He found Jeongyeon in his contacts, but before he called her he made sure to give Jin a long look, to make sure he wouldn't try to intervene or, at the last minute, attack him. He did no such thing, he even made a point of backing away.

      After a few rings, Jeongyeon picked up.

      "Hello?"

      For a moment, Jeongguk didn't say anything. This was so fucking stupid.

      "Jeongyeon," he then said, drawing a sharp breath. "Can you get over here?"

      At first, he thought she hadn't heard him, because she didn't reply. But then she said, "Over where? What happened?"

      Jeongguk clenched his jaw, willing away the cringe. "I fell down the stairs and I can't get up."

      "Is no one home?"

      "No. Seokjin and Eomma went to get groceries. I'm all alone."

      "Can't you just wait for them to get home?"

      He let out a long groan. "NO. Jeongyeon this HURTS. They're foodies –– who knows how long they'll be. Come quick."

      "Alright alright, I'm on my way, jeez."

      "Thank you."

      Jeongguk hung up the phone. He looked at Jin, feeling satisfied with himself. "This better be worth it."

      The question in Jin's eyes was evident so Jeongguk nodded. "It worked," he said.

      Jeongyeon arrived earlier than they had expected. In fact, the two of them were in a real panic when they heard the key turn in the front door; Jeongguk froze in his steps as he stood near the staircase and Jin turned quickly around and ran into the living room and had just disappeared from view when Jeongyeon came inside.

      She looked at Jeongguk for a good moment. She blinked. "You got up?"

      Shit. They hadn't gotten to this part. Where the hell was Jin? What was he to do?

      "Uuh, yeah," he said. "I got up."

      "Then what are you doing standing there?"

      Jeongguk pursed his lips. "I ... can't walk."

      Jeongyeon just stared at him. "Okay, what is this? A prank? Real funny Guk, where's the camera?" She let out a dry laugh and looked around the room, exaggerating every move. Then, she walked straight into the living room.

      "Jeongyeon, sit down," Jin said as Jeongguk entered the room behind her.

      "What ... what is this?" she said, as she alternated looking at him and Jin. "I'm confused."

      Jeongguk wanted to laugh. Seokjin was dead-serious.

      "You're not going to leave this house until you two resolve your differences and make up," Jeongguk explained.

      "Excuse me?" Jeongyeon said, her mouth wide open. "Do you think I'm five?"

      "No. And that's exactly why we want you to stop acting like it."