21. Soulmate to the vampire prince? NO WAY!!! Chapter 21

Okay guys. Thanks for reading so far. Here is chapter 21. Read and tell me what you think? Also, votes fanning and comment/ criticism would help me know if am doing well. I’ seriously thinking about a sequel. What do you guys think? I lot needs to happen that hasn’t happened yet. And the chapters are getting too bulky. I need advice. Okay too much talk. Time to read. here goes. Love u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPTER 21

Damien’s pov

Where could she be? I just found her , I couldn’t lose her again. At least, not so soon. it was sundown and soon the dark lives would roam the colony. All vampires are to be indoors. Not surprisingly, Clay also could not be found. The maids and guards also helped in the search until they retired to their duties but mostly to bed. The only place left to be searched was the royal grounds itself.

I went outside and opened my senses to hear her thoughts, instead I heard the thoughts of the palace guards over upcoming issues (mostly food). I moved towards the garden and tried again. This time I heard two thoughts:

>there was no way Catherine ‘s life source or gifts would be me and I would be unaware<

>I’m so stupid! I should have known the connection between them would be stronger after she gave him blood!<

I knew the last thought was Ariel’s, and it hurt to know she was in pain. But I also knew deep down that it was no fault of Clay, but that did not stop me from being mad at him. I rushed into the garden, but just as I came closer, I heard the cry of a female vampire. A dark life vampire. She was on hunt for pure vampire blood. I growled in warning, so she knows she is not a treat but could be in danger herself. As I was a much stronger vampire and can take on a bunch of dark lives on my own, a female dark life is in no way a threat to me. But I could not risk Ariel being in danger. And as I read clay’s mind, neither could he.

Ariel’s pov

I have powers and can defend myself, but ever since the transition, my powers seem to have disappeared. And the eerie cries and growls were not things I believe I can handle right now. Unknown to Clay and I, it was already pitch black.

“Clay, I think we should go back in.” I suggested.

“yes, you should. And not just now, but a long while ago!” it wasn’t Clay who answered, but a familiar voice emerging from where the growl sounded a while ago.

“Damien?” I asked to be completely sure, and Clay drew me up so we were now standing full height.

“expecting anyone else little sis?” he asked.

“what are you doing out here Damien? It’s dangerous!” Clay demanded.

Damien looked at Clay like he was crazy. “I could ask you the same thing! You put Ariel at risk!” he replied. This would soon turn into a little fight if I didn’t do anything to stop it.

“Quiet you too. No one put me in danger,” I directed at Damien who huffed in response. “I guess we lost track of time”

“and may I ask what in the colonies name were you discussing that could not be said indoors?”

“watch your mouth Damien. Don’t speak to her like that again or else…” Clay threatened, anger brimming. But it was all channeled to the wrong place. Damien was just being a worried brother.

“Else what? She is my sister!” Damien began. “I have the right to…”

“please stop! Both of you!” they got quiet. “we lost track of time. The mistake has been made. Its dark now and we have no business stalking in the gardens. Let’s go inside. Please?” I added for effect.