17. Soulmate to the vampire prince? NO WAY! Chapter 17

.

.

.

Catherine's pov

.

.

The palace guide led me to the last door in the left wing. Only it wasnt just an ordinary palace chamber,it was one of the grand royal rooms.I was never given a room like this whener I came for a visit.

She has it all...

Wealth,power, royalty and Clay's heart...

Everything I craved for!

.

I walked into the room. Its as big as Clay's but more richly and feminely decorated in red and gold.

The floor was covered with a thick a red rug and the bed chamber and windows were adorned with red and gold drapings. The bed itself would comfortably lie 7 huge men without them bumping into each other.

The dressing area was a different story. Gold spilled from jewelry cases,pearls,rubies, diamonds...

I had to avert my gaze before I was tempted... I was here for a much bigger mission and if I was successful,I would become the owner of everything in this room and more...much more...

I walked further into the room where The princess slept. She was gorgeous! Noone could beat her beauty in these lands. I see that Clay saw. But he wouldnt anymore, not if I can help it. I brought out the syringe from the cloth I held in my hands,and drew enough blood from her arm.She didnt even flinch.

I finished securing the cap and was on my way when a shiny jewel called to me from the table.It was a diamond pendant encrusted in pure gold.It must be worth a fortune,I realised as I examined it.But noone would miss it...

Besides,it would be mine soon anyway.I wore it with a chain and droped the pendant beneath the neckline of my tight red gown.

I then strode out to meet the king and queen awaiting me and 'my blood'

.

.

Ariel's pov

.

When Damien left,I felt the need to be on my feet again. I stopped every thought calling to me and tried not to reach out to anyone. I focused my energy probably for hours instead trying to move any part of my body.

But it didnt work.

Then I remembered... Since I had Damien's mind reading,I should have his strenght too!

I chanelled my being to that one ability and felt the bed move beneath me. I tried again,and this time,my eyes opened.

I viewed my surrounding.

I was in a ginormous roon.Not like anything in the movies.The ceiling was designed in gold.Wow!

This must be Clay's palace.

Everything shone!

I struggled to sit on the bed. It was so large, twenty kids could party here!

The door in front opened and two young girls walked in. One dressed better than the other. She was the one who stole my attention. There was a huge grin on her face which looked a bit like Clay's. But she was petite and looked so delicate.

"you are awake"she said with a smile "i'm Lilian,Princess of the West. Clay's sister. I already know you Princess Ariel. Well,everyone does now... That aside,you need to prepare to be introduced. But first," she handed me a cup a thick red liquid which I guessed to be blood "you need to feed constantly to keep your strenght up" I seeped it with disgust but it wasnt as awful as I thought it would be.I finished the whole cup and felt incredibly strong

.

"how is Clay?" I asked. I had no idea what his condition was and Damien told me nothing

.

"he is still the same. But he wont be for long.If Catherine's blood does not help him,the only option is to sacrifice a life for his,thereby making him a darklife.And that is one thing Clay would never want to be... Anyway,let's get you dressed! Sarah has been dying to get her hands on your hair" the maid Sarah smiled at this

.

I had no help getting into the wonderously large bathroom,although Sarah helped me with the bath and some towels.

I was left to soak up for awhile. I felt better and my hair smelt sweetly of strawberry from the wash displayed for use. I healed from the herbs in the water.

As I stepped out of the room, I stumbled upon Lilian and Sarah arguing over heaps of materials on the bed.

.

"what's going on?" I asked them both. As I came nearer,I realised the materials were actually silk gowns of various colours and designs.

.

"nothing much" Lilian sounded a little embarrased. She was fifteen which made her a year younger than me.

"we both wanted different colours for you.but which do you prefer? Blue or pink?" she asked cheerfully. I didnt want to hurt her feelings,or I would have chosen none! The gowns looked too expensive to be worn just for the evening!

She wanted me to look nice for the presentation to her parents.

I wore my dress and Sarah got to work on my hair. The result was fantastic. She didnt cut it,but it somehow ended up rolled to my shoulders.

It felt good and I was just about to commend her when a skinny little girl dressed just like Sarah ran into the room.

She went straight to Lilian's side and rushed;

.

"My Princess,your brother Prince Clay is awake"

.

What?!!!

How?

.

Oh now I remember!

.

Catherine...

.

.

His soulmate...

.

.

I fell to the bed and felt my heart shatter...

.

.

.

Lyk?

Plz vote