Chapter 11

Thank you to  @yourfriendbri for recommending the title Defying Death and I will think about it. Hope you enjoy! 

I bring back my fist so that I can break his nose again but he wags his grubby finger in front of my face and bonks my nose. "Looks like we have an aggressive one" He leans over me and his stinky, rotten breath wafts my nostrils as his stench kills my sense of smell. He pulls back my collar to see... My date, oh my god I instinctively recoil as much as I can seeing that I'm trapped. He could be a bounty hunter. I spit in his face.

He grabs me by the ear rather harshly "Now listen here girly I wouldn't do that if I was you" he threatens, he tilts his head suggestively. I look over to the direction horrified and see a wry girl with evil eyes holding my dear sister in a way that signals one wrong move and her neck is twisted. I choke startled in seeing her in such a position.

"Now are you going to be a good girl and show us your date? Or she gets it?" she says lightly as if she was talking about the weather she looks rather excited of the latter.

I scowl but pull down my shirt so that they can get a clear view of me supposed to be dead.

They whistle "I guess we can't kill you, the boss would be rather upset about killing a fine specimen like you. Ratface says "But what about the other two?" My eyes widen in fear and I hold a finger to the soft part under my chin. "If you want me alive, they stay with me, don't hurt them, or else," I say while jabbing a finger in my throat testily.

"No no no no," said the girl dropping Beatha and lunging for me. I dodge and dive for Beatha forgetting about the barbed wire rabbit trap and achieving in getting it even tighter on my ankle. I scream into my fist.

A crackling laugh comes from the girl and my eyes water from the pain that feels like my ankle is being stabbed brutally over and over again with needles and then being squeezed with fire.

"Ouch, that looks like that would have killed", she says between laughs. All of a sudden the pain subsided by a tiny bit. I looked over to see that rat boy had taken the branch and bent it in the other direction so that the barbed wire released me.

I hastily crawled over to Beatha and tried dragging her away with me. Someone pulled me back by the hair. "Not so fast, so lil rabbit, what's your name?"

"Don't touch me" I growled.

"Don't touch me, what an interesting name," rat boy sneered. I leered at him.

"Shut up Vitus," said the girl in a dead voice. She turned to me and her lips tilted into a smile that she probably thought looked nice but looked more like a shark trying to look un-predatory before a kill. "What's your name, if you come with us we can help your sister and clean your wound," she said so honeyedly it would be like trusting children with chocolate.

"Can we at least rough up this one?" tried negotiating rat boy- I wasn't calling him by his name nudging Flav with one foot. The girl scowled at him and he pulled his foot back.

"Fine, fine, so bossy" he mumbled but was silenced when the girl pulled her hand back. He clamped down on his mouth so hard it looked like he bit his tongue. The girl approached me and pulled out a small waterproof pouch out of her shirt and before I could say anything poured the contents out and grabbed a small glass vial that contained a clear liquid that had small particles in it. She popped the cork off with her teeth and said: "this will hurt". Before the liquid cascaded to my wound that looked like it was still bleeding but the rush had slowed down.

"What the-", I holler. The girl gives me a not so apologetic look.

"Saline water and lemon juice, to disinfect," she explains. She then gets a rag and rips it into strips and then starts tying up my ankle. I hiss through the pain.

"Can you stand," I don't respond but brace myself and get my good leg under me to stand up, she helps me by holding my shoulders so I don't collapse. I groan but managed to stand up and take a shaky step. "Okay, you can walk by yourself," she says handing me a long brach that I can support myself with. "You grab her" she demands from rat boy and then grabs Flav by the foot-dragging him. Rat boy complies after setting up the trap muttering about hoping to catch prey this time that he can actually eat.