The Unity Ch.6

Chapter 6: Life goes on I guess...

The first thing I felt was the bed under me. I could feel the sheets and I could hear the IV next to me. I was probably in a hospital. Right? But there were some things that are different then a hospital. The first thing is how warm it is inside the room. The sheets were soft and did not itch my skin. I felt so comfortable. Then why did my heart beat so fast? I could feel my heart under my dress.

Something must have happened right? I was somewhere, probably in a hospital. There must have been some accident. Something terrible must have happened. I felt my heart speed up and start to hurt. What happened to me?

It flashed into my mind. There had been something that exploded. I was at my house, inside my room. Then there was a bomb? No, there was definitely no bomb that I remember of. Everything broke apart and someone came to me. I remember the pain. Who was he? He had been handsome, I remember. The strong build and voice complemented him very well. Something inside me was building. He had red eyes... He was a vampire.

I felt it build up before exploding inside me. I shrieked at the top of my lungs, and did not stop. I remembered fully now. The memories kept coming and I kept screaming. The pain seemed to have disappeared but the memories were unbearable. My heart seemed to be galloping at full speed. My mouth and lungs were in agony. I did not want to remember anything I just wanted to forget the pain and how scared I was. Let it be gone now, I do not want it. I do not aspire for suffering or ache. My fists clenched closed. I felt like dying again. I did not want to remember.

One of hands seemed to have something that clutched to it. It seemed to be trying to free its grip. I stopped screaming and turned my head, finally opening my eyes. I blinked a few times. It was Robert. He was here holding my hand and had been trying to stop my screaming. I looked at Robert; I could not stop my eyes from surveying his angel face. I was so happy he was here. He was here, he was here for me.

He seemed exhausted especially his eyes. But I still think he looked perfect, even in this state. I could still see how perfect he was. I held onto his hand and looked into his tired eyes. They were so beautiful. I could see into him, he was so much like an angel. I sighed contently. He was here with me. I made me feel better than if anyone else had been holding my hand. Robert probably understood. That sounds weird right? Everyone says it. The typical "He understands me" bullshit. But the thing was, that Robert actually had some mystical talent for it, he hadn't told me off course, but I think I always knew. Robert always made me feel better.

"Hey," I whispered still staring at his eyes. My voice seemed very quiet after my screaming.

"Did you have a bad dream?" He asked me.

"No... Just a bad memory. What actually happened that day?"

"The elements did their first assault. A wave of fire and rock burst at incredible speeds in every direction from several points."

"Oh. Did people get hurt?"

"Yeah many are injured but thousands more have been killed."

"Shit. I honestly cannot believe that. Why would the elements even do that? They could have done something else." I looked out the window of the room. I could see wind and rain beat against it, it was so fierce I could almost think that it would go right past it. I looked around my room, "Where am I?"

"In the Harren, I'm sorry your family is not here I wish I could do something about that. It is just safer to have them far from a place like this. The elements are attacking because they do not have a conscience or a soul. They are purely forces of nature. Nature has a rhythm to it, music... an emotion. That is why nature is fighting back. They are pure of raw force and emotion. The elements completely make up nature they are so close to being alive, because they can control everything that is alive. The elements are not alive though, you have to keep that always in mind." The way he said it, made me believe that the elements were like an animal. An animal that is hurt and fights and bites those trying to help it.

I sighed; I knew I had been chosen to do something to stop the elements from killing the world, but what? "What can I do Robert?"

"We don't know yet, but the vampires do."

"The good ones?"

"No. The bad vamps confiscated something they thought belonged to them. Something that we needed to know. It would help us figure out how you can help. We have to go on a mission soon to retrieve it. That is the only way we can save the world. The problem is getting it we have to travel to the most dangerous part of the world, for humans especially." He held my hand when he said this. His face had a mask. I knew he did not want to pressure me into anything. I had to ignore the rush that I felt when his hand held onto mine.

"What? Where?" I said, trying to think about our current topic.

Robert seemed lost in thought. He looked at me. I could look into his eyes and I could see how compassionate they were. I knew that he was probably the best person ever. I knew because in the short time I knew him I already loved him. Here we were, both of us. He was definitely the kinder one, the better one. I knew I could never compare myself with him, and even then I did not care that I was not the better one. God, I loved him.

I saw how he treated others. Everyone was his equal and everyone was normal. He was so good to even the smallest bird. I looked into his eyes again. He did the same. We just stayed there staring into each other. Was it weird to see someone's soul inside them? But even if it was just me hallucinating, I knew that if I did see into his soul, it would be perfect.