Powerless

Sorry I didn't make a thanksgiving chapter so happy late thanksgiving enjoy a marvel/Tom Holland/Spider-man meme for now though. And a couple chapter based on s01 e07 of the flash after that it's the arrow crossover
Kara's PoV
   I was flying to Central City to spend time with my favorite speedster. I just discovered that was the term they used for the type of powers Barry has and he draws his powers from something called 'the speed force' but it was all really complicated for me. While flying I catch my eye on lightning on the ground. The orange yellow lightning that was running towards some where was most definitely Barry. He can handle it he has more experience with metas anyway. I think flying to STAR Labs to surprise him when he gets back. I head upstairs to the lounge to chill while I wait for Barry to come back.
Barry's PoV
The meta needed to feed on electricity. I walk up on him feeding. "Pretty sure this is a restricted area!" I quip and he turns around and shoots electricity at me. I dodge it pretty easily though. "I have to feed" he says as he looks at me. I dodge his first two shots then he fired one more that catches me. I could feel the burns from It. I saw the energy from the speed force coming out of my body heading towards him. I start feeling light headed when I hear Cisco on the comms. "Ooh What was that" he says. When Farooq finally stops I start trying to speed off. But as I run I get slower and my speed starts vanishing. "I need more" I hear him say. I was about to run off when I caught me. I couldn't move as the speed force energy was drained from me. When he finally stops I'm out of breath and fall to my knees. I start running again and my speed started to fade again. "Get out of there" Wells says. I start running again when I lose the rest of my speed and catch my breath on the pole. "Run Barry!" Dr. Wells says. "I can't." I get out through heavy breaths. "My speed..is gone" I get out through a few more heavy breaths.
Kara's PoV
I head downstairs to the Cortex where I saw Barry frustratedly walk past me to Dr. Wells. I use my super-hearing to eavesdrop on Team Flash's conversation.
Barry: Do you think this is permanent or?
Dr. Wells: I'm not sure. Caitlin can you run some tests Cisco you go with Barry and Caitlin
Caitlin: Yes Dr. Wells
Cisco: Alright! Wait where are you going.
Dr. Wells: I'll be right here when you three get done
Cisco: We'll have the results soon Dr. Wells
Cisco, Caitlin and Barry walk past me towards the med bay. "Oh hi Kara" Barry said acknowledging my presence.
Dr. Wells: Ms. Danvers you do know it's rude to eavesdrop on other people
Great caught in the act. I leave the room and over hear Caitlin Barry and Cisco. "What happened out there dude?" Cisco asked. "I was fighting him and he zapped me he said he 'needed to feed' so he-" Barry starts. "Zapped the speed force energy out of you" Cisco cuts him off. Barry just nods. "Your powers still have to be there your DNA was changed by the lightning there's no way to change your DNA back to that of a normal humans" Caitlin says checking the tests. "Wait what even happened" I walk into the room. "Ooh your in trouble" Cisco joked with Barry and left. "I'll leave you two to talk it out" Caitlin says leaving.
"Barry Allen what did you do" I demand and he shifts awkwardly. "Kara not that I'm not glad that you're here because I am but why are you here aren't there aliens in National City to deal with?" He asks trying to avoid the question. "Answer the dumb question Barry" I demand. "I have to get to the station" he says grabbing his phone he had already changed before I got in there. "Race you there" I challenge. "About that" he starts. "I lost my speed. I gotta get to CCPD to warn Joe about the new meta" Barry says.
Barry's PoV
I hate not having my speed. I mean I've my had my speed for a couple months but it feels
like a part of me is missing. I feel Kara pick me up and next thing I know I'm at CCPD. If I had my speed I'd be able to run there by myself. "Hey Joe can you meet me in my lab" I mutter as I head to my lab. Joe follows me to my lab. "An evil meta human stole my speed" I say. Joe just looks at me. He then proceeds to throw my favorite mug off the desk.
   I look at him like I'm saying 'what the hell Joe?'. "You didn't catch it" Joe says. "I loved that mug" I say. "What part of an evil meta human stole my speed did you not understand." I add. "Barry there's not anything about what you do I understand. Anyways you find anything out about that guy?" Joe says. "Yeah actually. The meta who stole my speed needs to consume electricity to live. He electrocuted the guy and stole his card to get into the electrical plant. When I came to stop him he stole my speed." I say as Kara comes in. "Hey Kara since The Flash is out of commission until he gets his speed back you think Supergirl could take over handling metas for a while" I grin. "Is this because you really need me to help until you get your powers back
or you just want me to stay?" Kara says. "Both I guess-There's been another attack" I say after getting a text from Cisco. "On it" She says Taking her glasses off before rapidly changing into her uniform and dropping her normal clothes.. "Barry you're dating Supergirl" Joe says. "Yeah...." I trail off. "I'll drive you to STAR Labs so they can work on getting your speed back. All I know is there are bad guys out there that the police can't fight. We need The Flash." Joe says and I hop in his car.