On My Own

Barry's PoV
"We identified our meta human as Danton Black. Black specialized in Cellular Cloning. Replacing new organs to replace failing ones." Wells says adding the last part in for Kara the one of us who isn't really that into science. "If He was experimenting on himself when the dark matter hit him-" Wells starts. "Meet Captain Clone! Don't worry I'll come up with something cooler" Cisco grins. Kara just shook her head. "How is this going to help us catch him" I say. "Actually Barry you need to train. You still can't fully control your powers. Kara might be able to help you." Wells says. I groan. "Guys I'm fine really I don't need training I can handle him. On my own" I say quickly changing into the flash suit and speeding out of STAR Labs.
Kara's PoV
Barry is stubborn. I'm still in STAR Labs after he left. "Let him be he'll be back" Wells says. I nod and start walking around. The Cortex as they called it was where there base of operations was and the room they were all in the most. There was a manikin which I'm guessing Barry's suit goes on. Computers monitoring the city by satellite. A bag with Barry's clothes and his phone was under the desk. I worked with the government but he was doing crime fighting in secret. I know he really isn't a full hero more less a vigilante but not as Vigilante like as the Arrow. People don't even know he's there. The Arrow...hm. I open Barry's phone and go through his messages. I click on a contact called Oliver. I scroll to the top and see messages from a few days after Barry woke up from a coma.

It's Barry. Allen. I woke up

Oliver
Oh. Well it's good to know you're okay

I need some advice

Oliver
I'm not the best with advice

Not necessarily from  you but your darker half/🏹 I'm also on my way to Starling right now

Oliver
I'll meet you on top of Queen Consolidated

  So Barry's had contact with the Arrow. Interesting. And the arrows first name is Oliver. It's still hard to believe Barry Allen who up until a week ago was just a normal human now has super speed. He's faster than even me. But when he runs lightning trails behind him like a force of some sort.
  I go down stairs where there was a room with a high tech treadmill. Then I see a room where they did medical tests. Caitlin comes up behind me. "Barry is just about as stubborn as they come. He Reminds me so much of Ronnie. My dead fiancé. I'm happy he has someone like you though" she says.  "I never knew you lost someone how'd that happen. You know if you want to tell me." I say. "He died in the same explosion that put your boyfriend in a coma." Caitlin says. "I wish that explosion never happened. Everything would be normal. Barry would still be a completely normal human being without the curse of super speed" I say sitting down. "How do you know it's a curse? It could have been a gift. Do you think your abilities were a curse?" Caitlin says as the ever so reliable voice of reason. "Well not really..I miss normal I mean it wasn't normal normal but it was our normal" I say. "Then maybe this is your new normal. What happened to Barry no one could have predicted it. He's saving people though. He's had a tough life tougher than most. Be thankful he didn't use his powers for revenge" she says and I nod understanding. "Let's head to the med bay so I can run a few tests. You're still weak" she says and we head back to the med bay.

     "Barry's back" Cisco calls from the cortex. I walk into the cortex and before I know it see yellow lightning revealing Barry in the middle of it cowl still on. He pulls it off before talking "He's gone. Dead. I couldn't save him." Barry said disappointed. "Some people don't want to be saved" I reassure him. "Doesn't make it hurt any less" he says back. "Meta-humans are starting to become a real threat" Barry says. At that point I laugh. "Barry you are a meta-human!" I laugh and he just grins. "I know. But meta humans have weaknesses too" he says starting to get visibly restless. "By the way Barry I whipped up these high calorie protein bars so even though you still have to eat a lot you won't have to eat as much." Cisco says tossing him one. Barry takes a bite and barely swallows. "Thanks." He says trying to be grateful. "They're kinda gross" he whispered to me.

  I was packing my bags to head back home and Barry walked over. "You sure you can't stay? I still need to learn and I'm not sure when I'll have time to come to National City" he says. "You can come and watch me at thanksgiving. I'm sure you're fine on your own you won't accept any help anyway you're too stubborn" I say. "Alright Fine. See you Kara" Barry says hugging me. "Have you thought of a code name yet. You know for your alter ego. Because the Streak on iris' blog that name kinda sucks" I ask about to take off. "I was thinking The Flash" He says. "Much cooler. See you soon Flash" I say taking off.

Barry's PoV

I had just finished reviewing a crime scene and got back to CCPD when a Skype call from Kara came on. "Hey babe what's up" I say turning it on while I started running a DNA test. "Hey since thanksgiving is Thursday I was wondering if you could come over." She says. "Uh Yeah sure! I have work today but Singh will let me take thanksgiving off plus I can always race back here to deal with crime" I shrug. Then I see the DNA test. Tony Woodward.
  Great. My past has come back to haunt me. Childhood bully. Can turn to steel. "Um Barry?" Kara says over the computer. "I have a case to work on and by that I mean I have to run" I say hanging up. I see the police leaving to where a robbery was. And then Cisco is calling me. "I think I know why you're calling."

"Cisco Caitlin how fast do I have to go to beat Tony." I say into the comms running through the street. "Your childhood bully is an unstoppable meta human that is seriously messed up man". Cisco says. "You'll have to go Mach 1.1 I'm not sure you can run that fast, So you'll need a straight shot from 5.3 miles away" Caitlin says. "and then 'SUPER SONIC PUNCH BABY!" Cisco says hopping back on the Comms line. "Ok" I say racing towards Tony. And I miss. "Looks like you were born to take a beating" he says.
Flashback
  I had been walking through the hallway heading to my locker. When Tony Woodward and his goons came out and walked over. "What do you want" I had muttered pulling my textbooks out. "You're a little freak you know that!" He had said. "I have to get to class can you please stop." I had muttered trying to duck out the way. "Why so your old man can murder me too!" He had scoffed before throwing me hard into the locker on my right elbow at the corner of the locker. "Looks like you were born to take a beating Allen" Tony said as Iris had come to my side
End of flashback
  "You have thirteen fractures and that's just in your hand that's a new record for you" Caitlin says walking away. "Hey Kara" I wince picking up my phone. "What's wrong you've been out of it all day" she said. "I'm fine" I say. "I'll see you soon" I say hanging up. "Three hours of doing nothing for a speedster that's an eternity of sitting still" I groan slipping further down in the hospital bed.

  After it was healed I went for an interview with Iris who wanted to know more about 'the streak' I'm only doing this because she's my foster sister and I really don't like being called the Streak. When that was over I left but put a hugging device in iris' purse to listen to what she says and all. "He was gone in a flash Mike" she said to someone. "Then maybe that's what you should call him The Flash" The 'Mike' guy said leaving. "The Flash I like it" Iris says.

  Super sonic punch take two. I was 5.3 miles away about to head towards where we found Tony. I raced up and knocked him out. We had succeeded. Now I could go to National City for thanksgiving.

A/N so this chapter is all over the place but it mostly happens around s01 e06