Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.

Почніть із самого початку

"You could've asked anyone else to bring in these documents. Why did you came all the way? Don't you have your own business to take care off?", Humaid teased and Arhaan cleared his throat.

"Uhm... I also wanted to make sure that Miss Malik has got no issues with this transfer.", Arhaan said and at this point Anabiya felt a rage burning inside her.

She shooted a glare at Arhaan and then smirked.

"I'm loving it here. It's amazing working here. Thankyou for transferring me, Sir!", Anabiya smiled sweetly and everyone thought Anabiya's words and tone were genuine, except Arhaan.

He successfully sensed the sarcasm and anger in her voice and smile.

But before he could ponder more on it, he noticed something.

And that made his blood boil.

Daniyal's  eyes were fixed on Anabiya while a smile was lurking on his charming face.

Arhaan wanted to smash Daniyal's face and head but he rather decided to keep his calm. He wasn't raised like this. He wasn't taught to be violent.

Soon the meeting was over and everyone started to walk out of the room and Anabiya was the first one while Arhaan was the last.

As soon as everyone left, Arhaan stopped Daniyal.

"Yes, Sir?", Daniyal asked.

Arhaan clenched his jaw and then pushed Daniyal towards the wall.

"Don't you dare lay an eye on her or you'll be a dead meat.", Arhaan growled, anger dripping from his eyes and voice.

Daniyal stared back with fear evident on his face and he quickly nodded.

Arhaan then realised that this guy infront of him can create problems for Anabiya by opening his mouth to spread rumours just like Rhea did.

"I don't want anyone misbehaving with any female in this office or even outside this office. So better control your nafs.", Arhaan said with finality in his voice and quickly left from the premises.

.......................

"And the mind just doesn't care anymore about the weight that the soul bears. Because the soul...it erupts to self destruction. Whilst the mind just wants to find peace to please the miniscule part of the heart...."

Arhaan took a deep breath as he saw his parents, his siblings and Dadi Amma looking at him.

"Humaid I now understand how you felt that day when you revealed about Afia!", Arhaan said and the ladies in the room gasped, all at the same time while Humaid had an amused look on his face.

"Arhaan what are you saying?", Hafsa asked with uncertainty in her voice, as if she was wishing this was all a dream.

Arhaan looked towards his father, who had a twisted look plastered on his face while his arms were crossed on his chest.

"I.... I don't want to marry Sanaya. I can't.", Arhaan revealed and the room was now filled with loud voices.

Dadi Amma and Hafsa were literally screaming while Nabeeha was just staring at everybody trying to figure out what was happening.

"OKAY DEJA VU! FREAKING DEJA VU!", Nabeeha yelled and gained everyone's attention.

"Ya Allah! My grandkids are going mad! They're possessed by some evil spirit!", Dadi Amma dramatically cried and Arhaan had his head in his hands.

"It wasn't this crazy at your time.", Arhaan said to Humaid and Humaid chuckled clearly enjoying the situation.

Humaid was happy that Arhaan was finally taking a right step but the way things were going was actually quite entertaining. He was actually enjoying seeing his brother in love, coming all the way down to his office to just see Anabiya, hating on Omar and now the chaos he managed to create in the living room.

It was fun!

"Okay everyone please stop now!", Hafsa strictly ordered and everyone did calm down.

"What's the matter?", Abdul finally spoke up and Arhaan sighed.

He cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"I'm not interested in marrying Sanaya. I'm sorry.", Arhaan announced again.

"Have my sons taken an oath to blow off the arrangements just few days before the engagement? First it was Humaid, now You?", Hafsa questioned with annoyance laced in her voice.

"I can understand why Humaid called it off. He had feelings for Afia, but why you Arhaan?", Nabeeha asked while Humaid narrowed his eyes at her.

"Had? I still love her!", Humaid defensively said and Nabeeha nodded.

"Shutup you two! Humaid we know you love your girl but don't steal the thunder here! Arhaan.... beta.... Sanaya is such a good girl. Beautiful, smart and graceful! I thought you liked her too! What's wrong, beta? Why are you just calling it off?", Hafsa questioned and Arhaan gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry. I made a hasty decision which was wrong. Sanaya indeed is a nice girl and she deserves someone who loves and respects her. I respect her as a person but I just don't see her as my other half with whom I can complete my deen. And she really deserves a better guy than me.", Arhaan truthfully said and everyone smiled at him. Except Dadi Amma.

"And don't worry. I'll personally apologise to her and her family. Because I actually messed it up. I'm sorry!", Arhaan apologised and Abdul Saeed nodded.

"It's okay son. Though it was wrong for you to accept the proposal when you weren't ready. I even said the same thing to Humaid. But khair, I'm glad that you both actually came up to us before the engagement. But Arhaan, Zainab was Humaid's friend. Zainab's father is my dearest friend. Their family understood the circumstances and took this in a positive manner. I'm not so sure about Sanaya's family. We all will go there tomorrow and apologise. Okay?", Abdul Saeed explained and Arhaan nodded.

Everyone was about to go to their respective rooms when Dadi Amma suddenly spoke.

"Who is she?", she asked and everybody stopped dead in their tracks.

Arhaan looked at his grandmother who looked very unpleased by his decision.

"What do you mean, Dadi Amma?", Arhaan asked though he clearly knew what she meant.

"Who is that girl? The reason for all this? The girl for whom you're dragging your family through the desert of embarrassment?", Dadi Amma's voice raised a bit.

"No one is getting embarrassed, Ammi. It's just w-", Abdul Saeed tried to handle the situation but was stopped by his mother, who just glared at him and raised her hand in authority, gesturing him to keep shut.

"I gave you my reason for not marrying. That's it. That's the only reason.", Arhaan answered and just when he took the first step towards the stairs, he dropped one more bomb.

"I'm leaving for London next week. I've been working on my start-up. And as it will be based in London, I'll have to go there asap and I don't know how much time it will take for me to return."

And with this Arhaan left a baggage of emotions while the ocean of his soul finally came over the storm and tides.

He felt peace. He was hurt. For losing the most precious part of himself. Anabiya.

But he was in peace that he wasn't tangling himself up in any meaningless relationship which was only based on lies, anger and jealousy.

"When all this is over, will our atoms play amongst the stars?  Will we dance and laugh through the galaxies? We will be happy at last?"

..........................

Hello! So here's the next chapter! I'm sorry for posting so late but life's been pretty bumpy!

Also, I'M SO PROUD OF ARHAAN! BABY'S GONNA LEAVE FOR LONDON SOON. I'M SAD NOW.

ARHAAN IN THE MEDIA SEC THO *winks*

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

ALSO IF YOU ARE ON INSTAGRAM, FOLLOW @memebabyyyyy