Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.

Start from the beginning

Anabiya closed her eyes as a trembling sigh escaped her lips.

Anabiya quickly took a deep breath, shaking her thoughts away as she walked inside the building.

"Hey, Anabiya!", greeted a voice and Anabiya turned and saw a smiling Afia walking towards her.

Anabiya waved and smiled back.

"So, excited for your first day here, ha?", Afia asked and Anabiya nodded.

"Yep! Very!"

Afia chuckled as she guided Anabiya towards Humaid's office.

Anabiya's day went quite smoothly and better than she had expected. Thanks to Afia  and her witty sense of humor.

Anabiya got almost hundreds of texts from Tanya. The girl was whining about how she and Mrs. Coutinho were missing her. Anabiya too was pretty bummed out about leaving her friends.

Anabiya was going through some documentations when she heard a knock.

"Miss. Malik, Mr. Humaid is looking for you.", Daniyal, Humaid's assistant informed Anabiya and Anabiya nodded.

She quickly followed Daniyal who was again and again turning around and glancing at her.

"What is it?", Anabiya asked annoyed as she stopped walking.

Daniyal was taken aback by Anabiya's sudden and direct question.

"Uhm.... nothing. But you do know that I'm not gonna work as Humaid Sir's assistant all my life. Infact I'm pursuing MBA and I'll get a good job very soon...", Daniyal said and Anabiya scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"So what should I do? Distribute candies?", Anabiya sarcastically said and walked past Daniyal.

She felt a bit bad for being so cold to him but she knew something wasn't right.

Anabiya heard Daniyal apologise and she gave a curt nod.

As soon as they reached Humaid's office, Anabiya noticed the directors of Saeed Industries.

After the greetings and all they revealed they just came in to complete some pending work related to Anabiya's transfer.

Anabiya again felt a sharp pain as she was again reminded of how Arhaan just pushed her away. She could see how stress everyone looked because of such sudden changes. She was thankful for Humaid and Afia who welcomed her warmly. She really was.

But she still had that void.... that empty feeling inside her.

Yes, she was missing Arhaan. Insanely.

And as if her unspoken prayers were answered, the door of Humaid's office opened, bringing the chaos and calm of Anabiya's heart.

"Arhaan!", Humaid said a little bit excited while Anabiya immediately looked towards the door which was towards her far left. And Humaid when he got weird looks from the other people in the room, he quickly covered the excitement into surprise.

"Arhaan?", he questioned though he knew the reason of Arhaan's arrival. Anabiya quickly averted her eyes and stared at her lap, trying to look unaffected.

Arhaan first stole a quick glance at Anabiya and then smirked looking at his brother.

"I.... I wanted to deliver these papers. They were important y'know....", Arhaan said as he passed the papers and Anabiya finally looked up.

Arhaan took a seat at the nearby couch as he was trying his best not to strike up any conversation with Anabiya.

But let's be honest, our boy was dying to speak to her.