ten

December 24th
Z Tech

It is Christmas Eve, but the there is a blizzard so bad, the airports won't allow anyone to fly home. All the students at Z Tech were prepared to go home to their families, but now they have to stay at the boarding school for the holidays.

The lounge is filled with students lugging back suitcases, grumbling about the weather and how they have to spend the holidays at Z Tech. Again. Olive is upset about it more than anyone. She was excited to go home and see her parents, but mainly she wanted to forget about Fletcher.

"This sucks," Olive complains in the Z Tech lounge. "We're snowed in, that stupid elf didn't work and Fletcher's a liar."

Chyna looks at Olive from the sofa with sympathetic eyes. Angus slid over, putting an arm around Olive slyly.

"Well at least one good thing happened," he says sweetly.

"What?" Olive growls, squinting. Angus points up.

"We're standing under the mistletoe," he says proudly.

Olive looks up, but oddly she doesn't run away. She shrugs.

"What the heck, it's Christmas."

She leans in for Angus's cheek when the room-a-vator opens. Fletcher lunges forward, dropping a backpack on the floor.

"Hey what are you doing kissing my girl," Fletcher yells at Angus, shoving him away.

"Chill dude, it was only a cheek kiss," Angus explains.

Fletcher's cheeks flush and burn. He avoids Olive's eyes. "Oops. Sorry Angus."

Olive is too busy staring at Fletcher to bother with the fact that she just almost kissed Angus on the cheek. Her eyes are wide, almost like she is mad at him. Which of course she is, but she's also shocked to see him when just the day before he texted Chyna saying he wasn't coming anymore. When Angus left, no one says anything for a long awkward minute.

"Olive, look I know you hate me for not visiting when I promised I would, but if I came back to see you, I knew I couldn't stay for too long. I didn't want to say goodbye again," Fletcher explains, walking up to Olive.

"Why didn't you kiss me before you left?"

"What do you mean?"

Olive flaps her arms. "We were about to kiss, for our second time but you backed away."

"I wanted to kiss you, trust me." Fletcher grabs her hands, gripping them tightly. "Olive, it tore me up inside to be away from you. It was such a huge change going from seeing you every single day at Z Tech to you being gone from my life."

Olive hides her top lip with her mouth, eyes watering. She looks down at his safe hands holding hers. "Fletcher, we've known each other for so long. Too long." She chuckles through the tears. "But never in a million years did I expect to be anything other than friends. But when we did, I never felt anything so real."

Fletcher's face brightens. "That's exactly what I said to Chyna before I left!"

Chyna, who is watching them from afar smiles

Olive cries happy tears. "So you missed me?"

Fletcher smiles. "Of course." His grip on Olive's hands grew tighter.

"Olive, there something I've been wanting to say," Fletcher begins. He looks into her eyes, admiring the creases at the corners when she smiled. "I love you."

Olive licks away a tear from the side of her mouth. "I love you too Fletcher." She giggles through happy tears, then uses his hands to pull him in for a kiss. Chyna begins to clap and cheer, which leads other students to follow.

After breaking away, Fletcher collapses his arms around Olive, burying his face into her blonde hair. Olive squeezes him tightly as if it'd make him never leave again.

Her Christmas wish came true.

•••

Thanks for reading! Merry Christmas!!!