five

December 21st
Z Tech

Olive woke up the next morning feeling depressed, so she lays in her bed for a while. Chyna comes in the room after peering through the door. She smiles, holding something behind her back. She sits on the bed beside Olive, revealing a tiny stuffed elf.

"Olive, I know I can't personally grant your Christmas wish," Chyna says. "But when I was little, my parents gave me this elf and Camron and I would make a wish and the elf would send the message to Santa." She hands the elf to Olive, with a hopeful smile.

Olive grabs the elf and stares at it. "You expect me to believe that this stuffed toy is going to grant my wish?"

Chyna grins sheepishly. "Well, I can't guarantee, but it's worth try."

Olive looks at her with a straight face. "Have any of your wishes come true?"

"Not all of them, but some have."

Olive shakes her head and hands Chyna back the elf. She lays her head back down. "I'm not doing it Chyna, it's stupid."

"Just give it a try. For me. Please? Since you didn't put anything on your wish list, now you have something."

Olive sighs as she sits up against the head board of her bed. "Fine. Gimme the elf."

Chyna cheerfully hands the toy to her. Olive holds it, then asks Chyna for instructions.

"Okay first, close your eyes," Chyna explains. Olive shuts her eyes. "Then think of your exact wish."

"Okay, got it," answers Olive.

"Good. Now say, 'Mr. Elf, I wish for'...and then state your wish," Chyna finishes.

Olive takes a deep breath, then states her wish. "Mr. Elf, I wish for Fletcher to come back." She opens her eyes, hoping Fletcher would magically appear in the room, but rolls her eyes because he wasn't there.

"What's wrong?" Chyna asks.

"Your stupid elf didn't work," Olive complains.

"Well of course not, because Mr. Elf hasn't told Santa your wish yet," Chyna tells her. She gets up to sit the elf on a shelf in the room. "There. Now Mr. Elf can get the message to Santa."

"This is stupid and my wish is stupid. Fletcher isn't going to come," Olive says, crossing her arms.

Chyna sits back down on the bed. "Olive, it's Christmastime have some hope."

"I've lost my hope in Fletcher."