Chapter 71: How About An Hour?

Hayley and Jake stumbling in laughing together, and suddenly stop when they see Michael.

"Hey Mike!" Jake smiles.

"Michael?" Hayley lowers her eyebrows looking at him, and then at me. "I didn't think you were coming?"

I sigh under my breath.

"I didn't even know any of this was happening! I come in and find her all over this guy." Michael points to Paul. "Who even are you?"

"Michael wait a minute-"

"I work with Layla." Paul cuts me off. "Who are you?"

"Oooh. So you're Paul." Michael nods, walking over to us. "I'm Michael. Layla's boyfriend."

I rest my hand on Michaels chest, pushing him back gently.

"Michael don't."

Hayley looks at me confused.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she had a boyfriend." Paul says sounding worried.

"Oh, never thought to mention me?" Michael says giving me a look.

"I was about to. It's not what it looks like. Let's go talk some where else." I say, looking over at my friends.

"No, let's talk right now. I've just seen you kissing another guy!"

"Michael I work with all of these people! Stop it. It's not what you think."

"I'm sorry, do you feel embarrassed? Well I want some fucking answers! And what's this party about?!"

"It's my housewarming!"

Michael lowers his eyebrows.

"Housewarming? And you didn't think to tell me about it? Why? I know we had an argument last night, but I didn't think you'd do this..."

"I haven't done anything!"

"I kissed her ok? Layla pulled away. This is my doing." Paul says, trying to get Michaels attention.

Michael screws his face up and squares up to him.

"I'm a bit pissed right now Paul, so if I was you I'd shut the fuck up."

Paul steps back and glares at Michael.

"I'm just saying Layla hasn't done anything."

Michael doesn't back up.

"Of course you'd come to her defence-"

"Back off!" Paul pushes Michael.

I widen my eyes and hear some gasps from people watching. Michael goes for Paul, and I try to stop him.

"Michael no!" I shout.

Jake rushes over and steps inbetween Michael and Paul. He holds Michaels shoulders and keeps him back. Michael shrugs him off and sighs deeply. I go to hold Michaels arm.

"Michael come on, let's-"

"No." He snaps. "I see where this is going. You're drunk. Again. That's why we argued last night! And then you throw yourself at another man." He scoffs.

"Don't you dare lecture me about drinking Michael." I scoff back. "And we didn't argue because I was drunk."

Hayley gives me a look. Michael glares at me and shakes his head.

"There you go again. Throwing that in my face. Anything else you wanna throw at me? I'm surprised you haven't said you kissed that dickhead because I kissed Kim. Use that as an excuse."