Chapter 53: Trigger

"Planning on going some where?" Marcus says looking at me.

"Michael!" I shout.

"I've been gone 5 minutes, and I come back because I've forgot something and this piece of shit is here?! In MY HOUSE!" Marcus shouts.

Michael leans up on the floor, holding his jaw and let's out a soft laugh.

"Well done Marcus. You've managed to hit someone other than your wife."

Marcus screws his face up and kicks Michael in the stomach. Michael moans out in pain.

"Stop it!!" I shout running over to him.

Marcus stops and slaps me around my face, making me stumble back.

"You fucking bitch! I should have killed your cheating ass by now." Marcus says grabbing my arm.

He tries pulling me towards the house. I try pulling away but his grip is so tight. Michael forces himself to stand up and quickly walks up to Marcus. He grabs hold of his shoulder and punches Marcus in the face, making him release my arm as he stumbles back.

"Go inside Layla." Michael looks at me.

"No Michael! He'll kill you!"

"I don't want you getting hurt."

"Aw isn't that sweet." Marcus says, going to punch Michael again.

Now they are both hitting and pushing each other. Marcus pins Michael up against the car, with his hands around his neck. I grab Marcus's shoulders trying to pull him off. Marcus elbows me in the face hurting me.

"Stop it Marcus!" I cry. "You're gonna kill him!"

He punches Michael one last time and he slides down on the floor. He looks like he's passed out?!

"Michael?!" I try and go to his side but Marcus grabs my hair and pulls me in to the house.

He throws me on the floor and slams the door shut, locking it. I try to quickly stand up but Marcus grabs me and pulls me up to the bedroom. I'm screaming and kicking now, trying to get him off of me. He throws me on the floor, breathing heavily. I crawl to the corner of the room looking at him.

"You're a fucking asshole!" I cry. "I fucking hate you!!"

He ignores me and opens his draw. My eyes widen when I see he pulls out a gun.

"Marcus..." I say starting to worry.

He loads the gun and now I'm starting to shake. He smirks.

"I'm going to kill Michael, and then I'm going to kill you."

I start to cry and shake my head.

"No, please Marcus." I beg. "You're going too far!"

He laughs.

"You're right. Maybe I'll just kill you."

I gulp hard as he walks over to me. There's banging on the front door.

"Marcus!!!" Michael shouts from outside.

Marcus points the gun at me and I look up at him, frightened for my life. He takes out his mobile.

"W-what are you doing?" I tremble.

"Keep fucking quiet, or I'll pull the trigger."

I cry, breathing fast. He dials a number and holds the phone to his ear.

"Police." He says sternly.

Michael continues banging and kicking the front door, yelling.

"Hi, I'd like to report someone who has possession of drugs. His name is Michael Jackson. I think you already have him on your records."

I shake my head. The fucking prick! Marcus smiles and gives them his address.

"He's also been at my house. He's going crazy... hurting me and my wife. He's dangerous and on drugs. I'm worried."

Oh my god... I cry a little bit louder and Marcus gives me a look, twitching his finger on the trigger.

"Ok thank you." Marcus hangs up. "Won't be long now until Michael is back in prison."

"How can you do all this Marcus?! You're evil!!"

The door suddenly breaks open down stairs.

"Layla?!" Michael shouts.

"Stay quiet." Marcus says glaring at me.

We hear running up the stairs. My eyes widen when I see Hayley.

"Layla!" Hayley looks at me upset.

"Hayley. Nice of you to come by for your dirty sister." Marcus says now pointing the gun at her.

"NO!!!" I scream.

"You son of a bitch Marcus!!" She shouts at him.

Michael comes running up and stands just behind Hayley. Marcus smiles, now pointing the gun at both of them.

"I've called the police Marcus. They are on their way right now." Hayley glares at him.

"That's funny. I've called the police too. You're going back to prison Michael." He chuckles.

"If I'm going, then so are you." Michael says stepping forward, so he's now in front of Hayley.

"I wouldn't come closer Michael. I'll shoot your fucking head off."

"You don't have the balls."

Hayley looks at me, and tries to come by my side but Marcus points the gun back at her, making her stop.

"No! Please!" I cry.

"Stay where you are!" He shouts.

Michael suddenly reaches for his hand, trying to make him put the gun down. They start to fight with each other, as Michael tries to get it out of his hand. Hayley runs over to me, wrapping her arms around me.

The gun fires, making a loud noise but thankfully the bullet hits our lamp. Michael twists Marcus's hand. He shouts out in pain and drops the gun. Michael punches him, knocking him to the floor. He gets on top of him and continues to hit him. Marcus begins to claw and hit him back too. They both are all over each other, beating the shit out of one another.

"POLICE!" We hear someone shout out downstairs.

Michael continues punching Marcus, and doesn't stop. The police run up stairs and point their guns at Michael and Marcus.

"STOP!" One of them shouts. "HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEADS!"

Michael gets off, putting his hands behind his head. He looks at me, and I cry looking at him. He looks so hurt.

"Layla, are you ok?" He asks out of breath.

"Yeah.." I say as my voice breaks.

"No talking." The police say as they search and handcuff both of them.

"Why are you handcuffing me?! I haven't done anything!!" Marcus shouts.

I watch as they pull them both out of the room, taking them downstairs.

"You're both going to have to come with us too." The policeman says looking at us.

"Yeah.." Hayley nods.

She stands up and helps me up too. I can barely stand properly because I'm still terrified and shocked. Hayley puts her arm around me, holding me close as we slowly make our way down to the police car.