𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

I'm normal. At least, that's what I think. I've tried to fit in, but I always get a weird feeling. Like I'm not doing it right. So, I secluded myself from my family. It's kind of hard to hide from your problems and the outside world when you live in a blue three-story house with five brothers and three sisters. It's hard to be normal. Even better, I'm the youngest girl, so I get picked on all the time, and my siblings get away with it. It's frustrating, but I learned to tolerate it. I have to many scars to make new ones.

     I grabbed my blue and torn book bag and walked out of the house after tripping over three baby toys. I tried to drown out the sounds of the demons yelling over one another as I left, but it's always the same result: fail. Once I closed that door, the cries drowned from my ears, as if they were nonexistent. I breathed in the June summer air and gazed out at the full, round sun. I hoisted my book bag higher up on my shoulder, shifting under the weight.

     I walked towards the town square, hiding my face in my book. I tried to hide from this town because all I get is discrimination against my family and for the fact that I know how to read and write. I still heard the whispers and saw the stares through my peripheral vision. I buried my head deeper into my book, trying to drown myself into the pages of the mystery romance.

     I tripped over a loose stone, which must be newly made because I've memorized every part of this town. As I straightened myself out, I saw the strange girl, whose name was Belle, trying to run away Gaston. The strong man of the town, "The Hero". Every girl was jealous of Belle, wishing for a chance of Gaston to ever look towards their direction. Including me.

     I always wanted someone to care for me. My parents never did. I just wanted someone to love me for who I am, and protect me in every need. I disliked every man in this town, but Gaston made a perfect match for me. He'd never noticed me before, so maybe I have a chance with him. There's also a possibility that he doesn't know my family either. But, I'm too shy to ask.

     As I was walking, a large mass rammed into me and caused me to drop my book. I frowned at the sight of my favorite book covered in dirt and dust. As I went to pick it up, a large hand had beaten me to it. I glanced up at the owner of the hand and almost screamed. It was Gaston. 

     "T-thank you," I muttered almost too quiet for me to even hear. Gastons rough, calloused hand touched my chin and slightly pushed it up to make me meet his gaze.  "such an innocent face. where have you come from, my dear?" I almost threw myself to the ground, because I couldn't handle what was happening. "I come from t-the east side of town s-sir." He smirked at how flustered I was. "You look quite familiar." My heart soared. He had seen me in the town before. "w-well it is a small town." His smirk grew as he still held my face. 

     "what's a beautiful girl like you doing out here in this filthy town?"

     "M-my family lives here s-sir." He let go of my face and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear that I hadn't noticed was there before.

     "Then I'll see you around then, mademoiselle."

     I practically skipped towards the market.

     As I greeted the other townsfolk, I made sure to not seem "too-happy". I always thought that everyone here always wanted more. But for me, I was content with my life for right now. I had just met the bravest, most handsome man in town, and to me, that was a major life-goal right there.

     I also noticed that my book was missing from my hands. I sighed and noticed his antics of taking my book. He wanted to see me again. I smiled and got weird glances as I just stood there, acting like a cliche romantic school-girl.