Case:#First

A bit more than two years ago...

"I can't believe you're actually here, I missed you so much" Suga said as he hugged Akaashi tightly.

"Sugawara, I can't breathe" Akaashi managed to say, the other quickly released him from their death grip and laughed.

"How have you been? How's Bokuto? Tell me everything!" The other exclaimed and started practically dragging Akaashi out of the airport.

Akaashi had just landed in Japan, his home country. Oh how he missed it. To finally be surrounded by people who mind their own business and don't care if you speak a different language felt like a blessing. Akaashi was here for some work, Roy had recommended him as an extremely good lawyer, but failed to give out any details.

As Akaashi sat into the car and watched Sugawara stomp on the gas pedal, he finally opened his mouth. "So, how's you and Daichi?"

"We're fine, as always. Working hard, having very little private time together.. Not to mention that girlfriend of his" Suga sighed. "How's you and Bokuto? Things going good?"

"He's still as oblivious as ever. I keep giving him hints but he just fails to notice them. Maybe I'll just wait for him to take the first step"

"You know that might take years, right? He's too shy"

"Yeah, I know. But I don't want to pressure him, you know? What if he feels too burdened? I'll just wait patiently..."

"How come we fell for such oblivious men? It's unreal"

Both Akaashi and Suga laughed, they continued their chit chat till Suga finally reached the police station. Daichi was already waiting outside, but upon seeing him Akaashi couldn't help but sigh. It genuinely hurt to see his friend in pain, how could Daichi be so cruel and not notice Sugawara's efforts? He couldn't understand it.

"Keiji! I'm so happy to see you!" Daichi exclaimed as they stepped out of the car.

"It's been a while. I still have no clue why I am here" Akaashi confessed before chuckling a little bit. It was true, Roy had not given any details apart from "it's  a case unlike any other", however Akaashi felt uneasy.

Something was off.

"Your client is.. well, he's something else. There's no denying that he's guilty, but I guess you're here to help him get out of the death sentence" Daichi explained as he led Akaashi to the police station.

"Oh God... I am not mentally prepared for this" Akaashi sighed loudly. "On another topic, did you find out who your apprentices are going to be?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, two rookies Hinata and Kageyama. They're apparently the best and are going to start working with us in a few months" Daichi dug through a mountain of files until he finally found the one he was looking for. "Here."

"I should read this before I talk to the client so I have a general idea of what's going on. You have a spare room I can use?" Akaashi wondered, he couldn't really focus with that many people buzzing around.

"Yeah, just use our office. It's upstairs, the bright blue door to your left" Daichi smiled. Akaashi thanked him quickly before darting upstairs and looking for the office.

The faster he gets over this, the faster he gets to see Bokuto again. He was sort of worried for him, after all Akaashi had left him to take care of the house. Knowing Bokuto, something bad will happen no matter what.

Once Akaashi finally found the room he was looking for, he immediately opened the file. One look at all the things he was being charged with and Akaashi already felt like throwing up.