Case:#16.5

a/n I know I promised some good stuff "next chapter", but it turned out longer than I thought, so have this.

.

.

.

.

"Do you have time tomorrow?" Bokuto asked as he peeked into their bedroom. Akaashi was in the middle of changing, pulling his shirt over his head. It was still early morning, neither of them had done anything to get their day started, so seeing Akaashi like this - standing in front of the window, rays of sunshine hitting his perfect upper body - Bokuto couldn't help but feel bothered (in a good way).

"I'll have to check, but I am pretty sure I do. Why?" he asked as he turned to Bokuto, still not wearing anything to cover up his chest. With a sharp inhale Bokuto shuffled closer into the room, walking up to Akaashi and running his hand down his chest as if enchanted by the moment.

"oh, uh..." he struggled to find the words as he felt Akaashi wrap his arms around his waist, pulling him closer. "Wanted to take you on a date... I got paid today, so..."

"You don't have to take me on a date every single time you get paid" Akaashi chuckled before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on Bokuto's lips, melting into them this beautiful morning. He felt Bokuto's strong hands grip his waist with force, squeezing his sides as he became rougher with the kiss.

Not like Akaashi minded the dates, he loved them, every single second of them. Seeing a smile on Bokuto's face was more than enough for him to be happy. He would always go overboard, but Akaashi appreciated it - Bokuto was not afraid to hide their relationship either - he was open with it.

It made Akaashi even happier because it seemed like for the first time since they came to the states - Bokuto was enjoying himself. He would hold Akaashi's hand, dragging him to many places throughout the day, not caring what people think - and by the night, those same hands would be entangled in Akaashi's hair, his name escaping Bokuto's lips.

Suddenly Bokuto pulled away, his arms still on Akaashi's waist, but his gaze somewhere else. Something must be bothering him. "What's wrong?" Akaashi asked, placing his palm on Bokuto's cheek and caressing it softly.

"...Aren't you... ashamed of me sometimes?" Bokuto asked, his eyes finally looked into Akaashi's - though the latter could not read the emotions in them. There were many, too many to count and name.

"Why would I ever be?" Akaashi asked, curious as to what prompted this. Bokuto finally released his grip, taking a step back and holding Akaashi's hands gently.

"You're a famous lawyer. You're good and smart, and gorgeous, and just overall amazing. It's thanks to you that we get to live like this... That I get to live like this. You work tirelessly every single day, you sacrifice yourself for others. And I..." Bokuto trailed off.

"Bokuto... what is it?" Akaashi felt concerned, it wasn't like Bokuto to be like this.

"And I... am just a janitor. I got the job through your recommendation... And I get paid much less than you, and yet..." Bokuto finally looked up, his eyes swelled up with tears. "And yet you never ask me for anything... I feel like I am taking too much from you"

Akaashi, without another word, pulled Bokuto into his embrace, holding him tight. "I have never been ashamed of you, Bokuto. You already do so much for me that I don't know how to pay you back" Akaashi said. "I wake up next to you each morning and that puts a smile on my face. You take good care of me, you take care of the house, you make sure I am rested and well - if not you, I would be gone because there would be no one who would look after me"