Chap ⓪⑨

And so we set off.

Well, if only it was as simple. It took us an extra hour because Jin took forever to leave as he was convinced he left something behind, granted he was right except all he left was a battery for his flashlight. Honestly that guy was so petty...

I stayed out in the lead while jungkook sulked at the back of our group of 5.

"So what exactly is the reason we're in such a big rush? I mean I get they could be in danger but why do you think they're in so much trouble that I have to worry about breaking my ankle every 5 seconds because of the speed we're going at?" Jin complained

"I said before, it's difficult to explain."

"Well you better think of a way to explain it because I'm not sure if we should really be following a stranger we don't all fully trust yet, I myself-" I silenced him suddenly with a raise of my hand and sudden halt.

Something wasn't right. It was so quiet- almost too quiet.

Then, out of nowhere in the dawn lighting several dozens of armed police officers came out of nowhere with guns aimed.

We all brought out our own weapons too, mine being a depressing little pocketknife, beginning a staredown of life and death.

blink

"Alright, weapons down hands up, we've lost this match." Namjoon called out to us.

"But we cant just give up that easily are you even thinking straight!?" Jungkook yelled back

"Think about it, it's the logical explanation. So just put the gun down." Namjoon reasoned calmly as we all placed our weapons on the floor with our hands up.

Lastly, jungkook listened with a crazed grin on his face as he said what only a madman would;

"Alright boys, lets see what you've got,"

———

"For the last time, we have your accomplices. They've told us everything already so you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole. Give up."

I smirked. His patience was growing thin and I was set on breaking it.

"Is that so? How about you bring them here and I'll see for myself? Yes?" He knew what I was doing and so did I. It was only a matter of time before he snapped.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? ITS BEEN A WEEK AND YOU'VE GIVEN ME NOTHING. I SHOULD LOCK YOU UP RIGHT NOW!" He screamed, besides a small flinch I didn't react- I knew I couldn't.

He stormed out the room while I stared blankly at the one-way glass.

As he left the room I overheard a conversation between him and another guy holding paperwork. The second guy seemed shocked and tried to argue but ultimately he scampered off to pass on the message.

"Screw this, I resign from this case. Hand them over to him."

"You can't possibly mean... Mr Park!?"

"Indeed I do. I know they're only young, but I'll only do this because of that very reason; they are stubborn and prideful,"

"I can only wish them luck"

I have no idea how I'll get out of this one.

Jimin's P.O.V

Sitting alone in my cell, I couldn't help but recall the events that led to our capture- and all the ways I could have avoided it.

I was so washed up in self-pity I almost missed the conversation of 2 guards walking past.

"Did you hear they caught the rest of that gang they found in the woods?"

"Really? Where were they?"

"They got them close to where they caught the rest of them. Some of the guys who managed to capture them say they where heading towards the others, I guess you could say the ones we got first led them straight to us,"

Oh no. Surely they didn't get the rest of us... god it's all my fault.

Suddenly the cell door opened and a tall man loosened his tie and brought me back to the interrogation room I had been so often in just a week.

Only now, thinking back on it, I remember seeing him turn off the cameras one by one and going out to check no one was behind the glass.

"Tell me, what is your name?" His voice was deep and rough, intimidating.

"Lee Seongmin," you really think you'll get my name that easily?

He turned away and did something with his hands. Then he started chuckling, making my sly smirk fade.

"What's so funny?" I inquired, a little irritated.

"Lee SeongMin, is that right?"

"Yes, you have a problem?" I scoffed.

I blinked and it came.

Pain flared up the left side of my face, right in the jaw. I felt a warm trickle travel down my exposed throat.

Looking up, the man stood before me, his knuckle-dusters now tainted with blood.

"How about we say our real names, now. No more playing pretend," he smirked

"I'm Mr Park, and you will comply. And tell no one of what happens in this room- not that they'd believe you anyway. As far as they're concerned, you hit yourself to try to frame me- a well known and rich interrogator with high connections." He continued,

"And so you know, if you disobey and someone comes to me- there will be consequences. Now, what shall I call you?"

It hurt to speak but I knew it'd get worse if I didn't try. At first it came out as a slurred mumble, but then he gripped my chin on my wound and I yelped in pain, spitting out the blood in my mouth.

"Speak!"

I panted but managed despite the pain, this first answer would be the beginning of a whole world of torment and abuse, but I knew no better than to comply- as the scared child I was.

"Park Jimin,"