Chap⓪⑧

Before we could even react, all 6 members came bursting out with an unconscious Jungkook on V's shoulders. He had a large bruise on his forehead and just as I was about to inquire, Jin shot me a look to wait until later on; now was not the time.

"Where are we headed?" I asked instead

"For now, we aren't sure. But let's just go in the woods. We have enough supplies for a few days in these bags." Namjoon gestured to the huge bags on their backs.

In all honesty sprinting from large growling dogs in the middle of the woods is pretty nerve wracking, even for the strongest of hearts. It especially got difficult when we split up in order to lose the cops.

As V and I ran (V with Jungkook on his back) I felt the wind make the bruise on my face sting but ignored it to the point where it got numb. After about an hour, we stopped because of how tired we were, plus V was pretty sure we had lost them.

He placed Jungkook down against a rotting fallen tree and sat on a tree stump while I crouched next to Jungkook and we caught our breath.

I still hadn't heard V speak so it came as a surprise to me when I heard him ask

"Do you want a sip of water? We need to ration." I gratefully took it and sipped not too much and then V snatched it back frantically as if I'd tried to down it. His voice was deep and reserved but it reminded me of rich salted caramel.

He poured some into jungkooks mouth and then stood up.

"Let's find the others now,"

"Wait up a second, aren't we gonna sleep for the night? I'm exhausted," he looked at me strangely and then said what seemed to be a hidden threat.

"Do you want to go to sleep and find yourself in handcuffs or do you want to get up and deal with it?" I just glared at him and this time I picked up Jungkook onto my back.

"Are you okay with that or do you want me to-"

"What? A girl can't be strong enough to carry a man? I'm just fine thanks, now do you want to carry on staring or get up and deal with it?" He didn't say anything afterwards and thankfully we carried on walking but it wasn't too bad because I could feel Jungkook's steady heartbeat throughout the time walking so it gave me something to focus on. This reminded me of my question from earlier.

"Why is Jungkook unconscious?" V stumbled slightly in his walk and avoided my question.

"Hey, answer me you idiot!" I yelled but it wasn't a good idea because he turned around with an incredulous look on his face

"You really don't have any manners at all do you?"

"Nope, now answer my question." V sighed and reluctantly complied.

"We had to knock him out, he couldn't witness us leaving Jisuk behind. When he wakes up, you mustn't say anything of what you know to him. As far as he's concerned, his best friend died on that table," he didn't like what the group had decided but it's not like he could do anything about it now.

I didn't respond and only focused my eyes on the ground ahead of me, trying not to fall asleep and collapse for Jungkook's sake.

—————

V said one group of 3 people that had split off from us earlier had most likely seen the large hill/ mountain thing in the distance and tried to head towards it so we should follow them. It was amazing how he could track people so well, it made me want to rethink the hiding place of snacks I had hidden since arriving.

Up on the horizon in the distance, at the very top of the hill was a glowing orange campfire so V and I decided to carefully approach the intimidating climb and see if it was out guys.

Thankfully it was Namjoon and Jin tucking into a nice meal of...

"Barbecue Squid!? Where the fuck did you get that you traitors!?" I yelled out of nowhere, scaring the absolute hell out of Jin. I laughed so hard at him because, despite his rugged cold exterior, he was an absolute scaredy cat.

I think I found my new favourite hobby.

"NABI I'M GOING TO KILL YOU GET BACK HERE YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD! I TOOK YOU UNDER MY WING AND FED YOU WHEN YOU HURT YOUR ANKLE AND NOW YOU REPAY ME LIKE THIS. GOD KIDS THESE DAYS!" He got up and chased me around in the dark and if running from and angry old man in the middle of the night isn't scary enough for you I don't know what is.

"HEY YOU WERE ALWAYS A RUDE ASSHOLE TO ME YOU HYPOCRITE! AND DONT CALL ME YOUR CHILD, YOURE MUCH MORE OF A GRANDPA TO ME. ALSO STOP CHASING ME YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO CARRY JUNGKOOK? IVE BEEN CARRYING HIM FOR ABOUT 40 MINUTES WHICH IS WORRYING ME BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO GET KNOCKED OUT DONT USUALLY STAY UNDER THIS LONG-" then I felt jungkook stirring and waking up so I stopped running, causing Jin to almost knock me over but thankfully I regained my balance with a glare at him. I set Jungkook down gently against a log and we all watched as he woke up.

We were all fearing that he knew what actually happened.

"What happened?"

Thank god.

"There wasn't much we could do for Jisuk, Jungkook. I'm sorry but we tried our hardest. He died while we tried to help him. He was shot 5 times." Namjoon explained what happened with a blatant lie but what happened next was unexpected, instead of Jungkook getting up and being violent, he just buried his face in his hands and cried his eyes out.

It would have been easier if he had punched me in the face again- at least then the guilt wouldn't be as painful.

I rubbed his back and gave him a hug and he held onto my sleeve as he sobbed at the loss of a friend.

Eventually jungkook fell asleep against my shoulder.

"I guess we'll just look for Jimin, Suga and
J-Hope tomorrow, I'm exhausted. And clearly so is Jungkook. You know it's unfair to keep secrets especially about such a personal matter to him." I glared

"So I take it you want him to go sprinting off into the woods and probably get lost. You realise, if he even makes it back to the warehouse, he'd probably get detained by the cops investigating what happened and who lived there- oh wait, that would be us." Namjoon reasoned.

"If it were me, I'd want to know,"

"You're crazy though," Jin muttered before turning over to get to sleep.

Since everyone else was, besides V on lookout, I fell asleep aswell with Jungkook still sound asleep on my shoulder.

Through the eyes in my dream, I saw Jimin, J-Hope and Suga running as fast as their legs would take them until they hit a dead end. A rocky cliff face that echoed the growling from behind them so that it came from every direction. I wasn't even sure if it was the echo or they were just surrounded by the things.

"Don't crack. Whatever they ask, you say nothing. They'll come soon. I know it," Jimin turned to the two panicking guys either side of him.

Then all of us were blinded by the white light of a flashlight.

"Wake up you two babies," the lovely kind Jin with the nicest morning call, a flashlight to the eyes. Hang on...

"We have to find the others immediately." I exclaimed, standing up so quickly I knocked Jungkook over to the floor.