Chap ⓪②

I decided to take their shelter as a benefit of my own, seeing as I hadn't one of my own as of yet.

Turns out, I wasn't permitted to sleep in the sleeping quarters for 2 reasons. One, I was a female and it would make all of us feel 'uncomfortable'. I mean I didn't really care all that much but it seems they did. And two, I apparently had to earn a proper bedroom through hard work and my blood, sweat and tears.
So currently, I was situated in my glamorous closet of a bedroom.

I took out the crinkled photo from my pocket.

The photo was an old one; of me and my dog at the time. His name was Anko and he was the perfect family pet. He was an old dog in the photo but his eyes were the same loving eyes he had as a puppy. One day when I came home from school I entered the kitchen to feed him and Anko wasn't there. I searched around the house for him but he was nowhere to be found.

I still remember that day after 3 years. I remember all the tears I shed, the few times I'd come out my room.

No matter how many perfect dogs I saw in the streets or belonging to my friends, none of them compared to Anko

Not nearly.

So I just stared at the memory on paper in front of me before a knock was heard from my door. I called for them to come in and it turned out to be J hope.

"Um, food is ready if you're hungry," He told me

"Thanks but I'm not all that hungry at the moment." I replied

"We've got McDonald's??" He persisted

"I'm really fine don't worry" I smiled and turned it down once again

"Oh oka- what have you got there?" The scarlet haired boy asked curiously. I had forgotten to put my photo back into my pocket.

"Oh this? It's nothing. Just a personal belonging don't worry."

"Ah, okay. If you don't mind, can I see? I'm a bit nosy, sorry- you don't have to," he chuckled. I don't usually share my personal life with others but I kind of like J Hope so I decided he could do no harm. Of course I made him swear not to share without my permission. So he sat on my uncomfortable mattress and I showed him the photo.

"Aw what a cute dog! What is his name?" He cooed like a little kid.

"Anko,"

"He suits it, I'd love to meet him someday- you better take me to see him!" He declared

"...sure," I smiled, but inside my heart tore into several pieces.

—————

The next day was a cold one. And when you're sleeping in an uninsulated cupboard in a warehouse, you feel it. I stood up from my mattress and walked to the 'kitchen'. Inside I saw J Hope, Jin and Namjoon. J Hope, when he saw me, smiled and waved. Meanwhile Namjoon just glanced up from his cold soup and nodded and Jin just made an annoyed noise and glared before exiting the room.

"What's his problem?" I scowled

"Jin isn't very open to new people and your attitude yesterday didn't help with first impressions." Namjoon explained without looking up.

"Yeah, I remember when we found Jimin- Jin didn't speak to him for 2 weeks. But, he finally came around to like the guy when he was in a life or death situation. Jin actually saved him that day, and now they're even friends." J Hope added.

It's strange to think how one person's attitude to another can change so quickly over a single event. I hope Jin can one day learn to like me just as he did with Jimin. Though I highly doubt it. I myself am not the easiest person to get along with; if someone says something negative about me, I will retaliate.

My breakfast was hardly glamorous as it was exactly the same as Namjoon's- cold, watery soup in a plastic bowl. I have no idea what flavour it was nor do I want to find out.

—————

The rest of my day consisted of washing clothes, cleaning in general, buying food with the ₩30,000* that Namjoon handed me before the lot of them, minus one member to make sure I don't run away. And yes, you guessed it- my favourite person in the world;

Jin.

————
₩30,000* = around £20 in British money (sorry I don't know about US dollars or anything else!)

edit: I searched it up and it's apparently about $27 USD